【fourteen】

❝Canned peaches and a bit of chaos❞

"I told you, I don't know how it ended up there."

"So you're denying any relations to this?"

"Yes."

"Do you know where is Cody?"

"I don't know and I don't care."

"Anything you want to tell us about your significant other?"

"I'm sure you have everything you need. I doubt that my version would be helpful."

"I insist."

Fuck you.

"We met 4 years ago in Chicago. I was visiting my friend and we happened to met. He was a typical man in the 80's. Tall, handsome and smart enough to drag me here. He told me he worked in company so I didn't worry until he started to dissapear. Then I caught him when we were in Cartagena. I overheared his conversation with a sicario—"

"Name?"

"I don't know." she stated through the gritted teeth. "He wasn't important to Pablo."

"Where is your boyfriend now?"

"Ex boyfriend." she corrected him, sighing. She was sitting here for the past two hours with handcuffs still on her hands. "Can I go now?"

"No, you may not." he mumbled. "Answer the question."

Elodie snapped.

"Oh for fucks sake! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!  I have no fuckin' idea where is this motherfucker but I hope he burns in hell right now."

Lie. She didn't want him to burn in hell. Not yet.

"I told you everything I know. Let me go before I accuse you of detaining me here against my will and make sure you'll never find a job again."  she growled and the man pressed his lips in a thin line eventually nodding. Two people entered the room. One of them uncuffed her hands and the other one took her outside.

She was too tired to think about anything. Her insides twisted in hunger and something entirely else that made her stop. She felt a wave of dizzyness hittimg her with its weight and sucked on the hot Colombian air, that didn't help at all.

"Miss Hamilton?"

"What?" she asked harshly, trying hard not to puke over the floor.

"Someone's calling you."

"Tell them that I took a few days off." she shut her eyes, leaning forward and placing her hands on her knees. Woman who was speaking to her bit on her lip.

"She intorduced herself as Agent's Murphy wife but–"

She didn't have time to finish when Elodie grabbed the phone and started to talk despite her nausea:

"Connie?"

"Oh, thank god, El! We were worried sick! Where are you?"

"Police station." she mumbled incoherently, looking around. Her vision became blurry.

"Okay, don't move. I'll be there in fifteen minutes with Steve."

What about Javi? she wanted to ask, but never got the chance as her limp body hit the floor with a loud thud.

* * *

  Javier sat on Murphy's couch, holding his empty glass, recently filled with water. Connie ordered him to stay. Maybe it was better this way. He wouldn't control himself otherwise.