【thirteen】

❝Stupid mistakes❞

Cody didn't come home.

He had been gone for over four days and that had to do with only one thing. He worked for that son of a bitch. He worked for him, murdering and stealing for him with an ease she would never be able to understand. None of it was real. It was just an illusion. Their relationship, their love, the moments spent together...Three years of being blinded by the lies, by the soft touch, sweet nothings whispered in bed and plans for future that were never meant to happen.

Her Cody was gone because Rafael took his place.

He killed her boyfriend to became a killer for the devil himself. He choosed to lie. He choosed to lesve in fear, to run away from the consequences.

And that made her furious.

She stopped crying because of him. She could feel heartbroken for the rest of her life, blaming herself, asking what if....But that's not who she was. That's not how she was raised.

She grew up in a strong family at their ranch in Arizona.  She was taught to never give up, to never look back and most importantly — never make the same mistakes twice.
Her father had drilled this into her and her siblings for years and because of that she was where she was.

In Colombia, taking part in the narco war.

She decided to make a diffrence. To step out of the awful routine, make the world tremble. Make them know that you shouldn't fuck around with DEA and sooner or later, you will taste the bitterness of justice for your sins.

Elodie Hamilton was about to destroy Rafael Gallardo.

Whaterever it took, she was going to make him pay.

* * *

Rainfall was a rare occurrence in Colombia. Everyday life was filled with suffocating heat that drained all energy from everybody, except those who were used to this.

Elodie was still shaking from the cold as she entered her apartment, her clothes soaked through and her shopping bags still in her arms. She decided to fianally take care of her empty fridge and clean her apartment, since Ra- Cody wouldn't come back from wherever he was.

TV was still making a quiet noise in the backround, providing a sense of comfort and stability. As she set her things aside, she paused as she took in the silence.  Something was wrong, a feeling that had nothing to do with the cold. Shivers ran down her spine as she sensed a familiar, metalic smell hovering around.

As she edged closer, she grew still in shock and horror. Her heart stopped as her vision got blurry. Lying on the ground in a pool of blood was Sunny, his body lifeless and broken, his head hanging to the side at a devastating angle that sent her insides into a sickening twist and tears welling up in her eyes.

Her scream died in her throat as she covered her mouth with her hand. Shopping bags fell to the floor right by her feet as she got a closer and crouched down to touch his fur. His golden and soft fur, now covered in his own blood, sticking to it like another layer of skin. She let out a choked sob, squeezing her eyes shut.

After a minute she realised her mouth started to move, whispering apologies that meant nothing anyway. He was dead. Shot in the head from up close. The bullet went through him and spilled the blood over the furniture making it look like a fucking crime scene.

Elodie backed away gasping for air. The killer could still be here. He could watch her, wait for her to escape and put a bullet to her head. That's when she realised, that Cody- Rafael knew. Somehow he knew about what she discovered, about his real indentity.