【sixteen】

❝One step forward, three steps back❞

warning: violence, mentions of blood.

Elodie was certain that it all happened for a reason.

Her meeting Cody, them being friends and not so long after — a couple. A perfect couple at first but different people behind the closed doors. He was like a fire, burning everything around him, destroying everything he touched apart from her. He never let the flame hurt her. Not even once.

She was like a water. Peaceful and balanced. She was keeping him from burning himself. She was like a medicine to his wounds.

But when they collided...

It all fell down but she was the only one left hurt. Shred to pieces. With nothing but a mere memory of what they had.

Because what they had was beautiful. A vision of life she always dreamed of.

She was certain that it was meant to be. She was meant to loose him. She was meant to go through the biggest heartbreak in her life. She was meant to fall and rise. She was meant to give herself a second chance and learn how to live again.

And she was meant to do it with Javi by her side.

Who was now acting like a fussing five year old kid.

"Hermosa..." he whined dramatically, keeping his arms around her. "Don't leaveee..."

She had to. The empty fridge made her feel hungry just from the sight of it.

"I have to. We're going to starve here." she explained. "Come on, let me go."

"No."

"Jav, please."

"Nooo."

"Yeees."

"Never." he emphasized.

"If you let me go, I will show you something." she smirked, when a sudden idea popped in her mind.

He curiously perked up his head and looked at her with his puppy dog eyes. All wide and sparkling. His grasp loosened and she quickly got out of it, now fully standing between his legs as he sat on the chair. She leaned in, grabbing his face in her palms and slowly began to cut the distance between them. She watched as he closed his eyes, preparing for the kiss...

Which eventually landed on his forehead.

"You little minx!"

She giggled.

Grabbing her purse from the kitchen table she send him one last look and left.

Maybe they were  just meant to be.

* * *

His cigarette landed in the grass, right under his shoe.

His hand travelled up to his hair, slicking it back. It was getting too long now, he needed a trim.