【six】

❝Yellow dress❞

When Monday came and Elodie was forced to return to work, everything foreshadowed another disaster.

Cody was out of town on an urgent matter, saying it couldn't wait. So when she woke up in the morning to an empty bed, she promised herself she'd talk to him about it later.

She didn't want to be alone again for another week, sinking into this terrible routine.

Get up, leave for work, eat, come back and go to sleep.

Elodie wanted a change in her life. Something that could revive her again, let her breathe and regain her strength.

But she knew she couldn't count on that any time soon.

When she sat by her desk as usual, she opened the drawer and her lips parted at the sight of small red rose inside of it.

She didn't know what to think about it. Was she supposed to take it as a joke or something more than a kind gesture? Maybe there was some message behind it that she couldn't understand?

But who? Who could do such a thing?

She was sure that everyone knew she was taken. Yes, men often paid attention to her because of her young age, but when she told them she was taken, they usually let it go.

Except for him.

Could he-

No. That would be ridiculous.

Peña always thought with his dick first and besides he obviously doesn't want anything closer than sex. He's rough, unpredictable and so annoyingly handsome with those big, brown eyes of his.

Fuck him and his perfect eyes.

Elodie sighed before closing the drawer and hiding her face in her hands. She shouldn't even think about him. He wasn't so why would she?

The rest of the morning passed peacefully. She handed in all the documents that were supposed to go to the designated places, made a few phone calls and had a coffee in time. Couple of agents were out of facility, working with the Search Block that today was called for another raid.

Julia didn't come to work that day because she caught a cold. Quite a strange situation if you live in Colombia where it is so hot, you barely can think.

She wished her health and promised that she would come over after work with some soup and their favourite movie.
El could practically feel her smiling on the other side on the thought of spending the evening with her bestfriend.

Both of them could finally spend some time with eachother after the previous week.

Little did Elodie knew that the evening will be much tougher than she thought.

* * *

When she stepped out of Julia's house, she let out a sigh. It was already late but the the sun has not yet set. She walked, feeling grateful for herself that she choosed a pair of moccasins than heels that day.

Hot Colombian air flooded her body, causing the white shirt to cling to her body. Small droplets of sweat appeared on the back of her neck, but she didn't care as she moved on with the thought of a cold shower and cuddling with Sunny.

She knew perfectly well that Cody wouldn't be back for another week or two, leaving her completely alone in their shared apartment.