【eighteen】

❝Betrayal❞

   Shameless.

That's how he would describe the following days after the kiss they shared in his bedroom. Those days weren't like the rest, they were filled with tension, with unspoken words and what's even worse in that case - secret touches here and there.

Javier couldn't keep his hands off of her.

He wouldn't admit that to himself in public, hiding behind the mask of sarcasm and his cold demeanor towards everybody. Everybody except her.

In private, after a busy day in the office or raid with Carillo, first things first his hands would instantly find themselves on her body. It almost felt like coming home - the same moment he felt the smell of her perfume or the taste of her plush lips.

He was addicted to her. Long gone at this point.

There was no Javier without Elodie.

And he couldn't be more happy about it because finally she was becoming his. She let him do anything to her. Kiss her, tease her sensitive skin while whispering how much he adored her... And those little sounds she made? It felt like heaven to him.

But they never went past that.

As much as he wanted more they never did anything besides making out on his couch or the kitchen or the bedroom. She asked him not to go further. He gladly obliged, satisfied with everything he could do now. He could live with that as long as she would stay by his side. That's what he told her.

And yet sometimes he found it difficult, not to press her harder or take her clothes off. She couldn't give him the release he needed and that...that made him frustrated.

He never said anything, just simply reminding her that he was always ready to do more. But nothing changed. Nothing fuckin' changed.

Not even that night where they both came back to his apartment after having some drinks at the bar across the street. He kissed her, with a deep and hot chaos that was beaming from them. He pressed her body against the wall, a quiet groan escaping her lips.

Too fast, he scolded himself, gripping her thighs. I need to go slower.

He never did, showering her with kisses, getting those sweet moans out of her that made his cock twitch in his tight jeans. She tasted like tequila, bitter but refreshing. He loved to taste her, again and again.

"Javi..." she whimpered when he pressed himyself against her. "Javi, stop..."

"Let me just-" he didn't finish, his hit breath hitting her neck as he tried to stop himself. It felt almost painful - how hard and ready he was for her but couldn't do anything about it. He wanted to risk it, all of it jus this once taking her like he always wanted to. Like he deserved to.

"I can't- Javi...you know that." she sighed helplessly when his hands slid through her shirt. "Javi, please."

"Why?" he asked, almost growling. "What's stopping you?"

What was stopping her before letting him take her?

Elodie looked in his eyes but instead of that spark of desire he saw how distant they were growing with each second, a glimpse of hurt flashing through her beautiful face.