7|Ready!

Eve's POV

The lights switched on.

"I always try to be lenient with you. I gave you a reasonable time I thought you would come back by and you still came two hours late."

"Lost track of time, sorry."

"Doing what Eve!!!????" he shouted and I kept quiet because I didn't appreciate his tone. He sighed. "Look Eve, your mom put me in charge of her most prized possession and I can't risk you getting hurt. Your mom told me about your bully at school and every day you leave the house I fear he might do something to you."

Recent images of Haze thrusting into me and me gripping the sheets crossed my mind. I looked down trying to erase this memory.

"At least call me if you know you're coming home late just so I can know you are actually going to come home."

I nodded my head. "I will from now on, Tom."

He nodded. "Just go, I know you're dying to go to your room."

He was clearly upset which was rare. He was usually the most positive of us all so seeing that I caused this made me feel guilty.

However, there is an urging pain between me and I am not sure how much more I can take.

"Goodnight Tom," I said before I struggled up the stairs.

I closed my door and fell on my stomach on my bed.

Today was...a day. Never thought any of this would happen.

Going over to Haze's place only opened my curiosity even more.

He was just so...ugh! I can't even find the words to describe him. He makes me sick.

Another flash of embarrassment engulfed me as I remembered him making me beg for him. I hate him for making me do that but I hate myself even more for actually listening to him.

I closed my eyes to avoid the embarrassment and soon enough I fell asleep.

...

I walked up to Chase's locker where the others were standing.

"I bet all my money that Bryan killed Colby," I heard Chase say.

Aaron shook his head. "My money is on Darren."

"What are we talking about?" I asked out of curiosity.

Belly shook her head. "Some weird horror series that just came out."

"It's not weird!" Chase defended.

Belly laughed. "You're weird!"

Chase laughed before they kissed. Aaron and I both gave each other a look.

"Well if it isn't the four outcasts," Jason said.

"Leave us alone Jason!" Belly shouted but that only made Jason laugh.

"What's your problem?" Aaron joined in.

Jason looked at Mark. "Looks like the nerds are learning how to speak."

Mark smiled at Jason. "Haze is on his way."

My stomach fluttered when I heard his name. What if he is coming to expose me?

Jason looked back and turned around. "Looks like we better step aside."

When he was in close proximity, Mark shouted, "hey Haze, we rounded up the chickens for you!"

He glanced at me for a brief second before turning to them. "What the hell are you guys doing here messing around? We have a tournament to practice for!"