29|Avacados

Haze's POV

I sat on the stool around the kitchen island as I silently watched Elle make us breakfast. I prepared myself to taste the worst.

Don't get me wrong. Elle is a great cook but making breakfast is just not her thing. It never was.

"It's time for you to cut that Ashley girl loose and be with Eve," she spoke up.

"Eve and I aren't like that."

She paused and looked up at me. "You're right. You guys are even better. I have never seen you so happy before in my life."

"Exactly so there is no point in ruining it."

She shook her head. "You're wrong about this and you're going to lose her if you keep this up."

"She knows the rules."

She scoffed. "Who the hell is Ashley anyways? The blonde girl?"

I nodded.

She shook her head. "Are you picking her over Eve? I thought you knew better."

"Relax, we're not actually dating. It's just for show."

She held her head. "You know what? Let's stop talking about this. You hurt my head."

She pulled out two plates and placed slices of bread with avocado spread on top. It looked good and my mouth watered a little.

Of course, I would never admit that to her though. She is my sister for crying out loud. I would have to be in my grave to compliment her.

I took a bite, and it took everything in me not to spit it out. How the hell did Elle manage to mess up this.

I looked over at her and her face cringed when she tasted it. She looked up at me with a smile. "How is it?"

I didn't want to give her a compliment and I didn't want to tell her this was straight out dog shit.

"Satisfactory."

She smiled. "Okay."

I took a sip of my coffee before looking at her. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, I just wanted to see if breakfast tasted a little off this morning."

I sighed. "I'm not talking about breakfast. Are you okay? You've been seeming a little sad lately."

Believe it or not, I did care about my sister. She was the closest thing I had to a mother.

She played with her toast. "It is true, I haven't been myself lately, but you don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine."

She always does this, hiding away reality from me.

"You know you can talk to me. I'm not a little kid anymore."

"Well stop acting like one. No more fights, no more pretending to be with someone. No more hurting others."

"Elle-"

Before I could say my sentence, the front door slammed.

Elle immediately looked on me. "Who could that be? Did you invite someone over? Eve or Jason?"

I shook my head.

She got up. "Stay here."

Treating me like a kid again.

"Papa!" I heard her shout and my mood instantly changed to being tensed.

My grip tightened around the mug as their footsteps approached.