14|Thank You

Eve's POV

Two days later

We silently laid next to each other on his bed.

I just couldn't help myself. I was with Haze again. I just want whatever phase we're going through to stop. I know I'll get over him soon, I can feel it!

Even if I don't get over him soon, he definitely will.

Haze is the type of guy who gets tired of a girl after one day. He's been with me for several days. He'll eventually get tired of me and end this.

We were a few inches apart so that we didn't touch. It is what's best for us. We need to keep our distance from each other. Unnecessary touching can lead to feelings.

We don't want feelings.

I'm only still here so that I can recover the strength to drive back home. Haze took a lot of energy from me tonight.

I snuck out when Tom fell asleep. If he wakes up and doesn't find me, I'll probably be homeless when mom gets back.

I stared up at his ceiling fan, spinning around and around and making a clicking noise each time it did.

"Are you sleeping with anyone else?"

The words slipped right out of my mouth. It had been on my mind for a good while now. I mean he's Haze De Luca, every girl has a story about him. There is no doubt that he wasn't but I needed to hear him say it.

I'm not his girlfriend and never will I be. There was no reason why he would stick to only me. Plus he has Ashley and the weird relationship they have entered.

He stayed silent.

I turned my head to him. "Haze."

He turned to me. "Where is this coming from?"

I let out a deep breath. "Just answer the question. Yes or no?"

"Yes but-"

I stood up and started putting on my clothes.

"Where are you going?" he asked as he sat up.

"I have to get home before my stepdad realizes I'm gone," I said as a put on my jacket.

He stood up and held me in place. "Just slow down for a second."

I sighed, "what do you want, Haze?"

"Are you mad?"

"No."

He looked into my eyes. "You are mad."

I glared at him. "I am not!"

He smiled. "You're not jealous or anything, right?"

"Of course not!"

"Then why are you getting so worked up? Eve, did you forget that we're just in an agreement to sleep with each other? You can't be anything else but my secret."

"Well maybe, just maybe, I don't feel comfortable with you kissing another girl and then kissing me right after!"

He watched me silently before shaking his head. "Okay."

I blinked. "Okay what?"

"I'll stop."

I paused. "What?"

"I'll stop messing around with other girls," he shrugged.

I watched him in shock, and he laughed.

"It's not that big of a deal," he said.

"Haze, you don't have to."

"If it means there is a risk of me losing what we have here, I'll stop."

I frowned. This didn't feel real.

He slowly pulled off my jacket. "Now come back to bed."

I did exactly what he said and laid back down.

He handed me his phone. "All this time and I still don't have your number."

"Maybe I don't want you having it."

He rolled his eyes before attempting to take back his phone but I held on to it tighter.

"I said maybe."

I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. We each typed in our numbers into each other's phone.

He turned to me. "Now what do we save each other as?"

"Definitely not our names."

"Obviously," he groaned, and I glared at him.

An idea came into my head before I started typing. He looked at what I typed before typing.

He then returned my phone and I did the same.

His contact in my phone now read Him and mine read Her.

"Now whenever you think about me in the night, I'm just a phone call away," he said with confidence.

"Why would I think about you in the night? I am not trying to get a nightmare!"

"Oh yeah? Well let's see if this gives you a nightmare!"

"What-"

Before I could finish, he started attacking my neck with kisses and tickling my tummy. He knew those we my two most sensitive parts.

In the short time we spent together he was already picking up on my weaknesses.

I started laughing vigorously and I tried to get away from his silly attack.

"St-st-stop!" I managed to say in between laughs but he continued.

I haven't laughed so hard like this since dad left.

He finally stopped and the biggest smile was on his face as he hovered over me.

I've never seen him smile so brightly before. Of course, I've seen him do his stupid smirk and small smiles but never this. His eyes sparkled and his face glowed from his illuminating smile. This smile highlighted all his beauty.

When he realized my intense stare, his rare smile slowly faded and a part of me kind of felt sad.

I raised my head and kissed him before he collapsed beside me. I quickly got on top of him as we continued to kiss.

I lifted my head to look at his face.

He used his big, dazzling, brown eyes to stare right back at me.

His skin was crystal clear, no acne like the rest of us. His jawline was well-defined and his soft, pink lips which I loved so much were full and curved to make a small smile.

Gosh, he was handsome.

"Thank you," I said without thinking.

He raised one of his thick eyebrows. "For what?"

"This," I said as I came off him and dropped beside him.

I don't know why but I felt the need to keep thanking him. Maybe because part of me feels like he's only doing this out of pity.

I'm not dumb. I know the type of person he is.

He stayed speechless and I knew I had ruined things.

Why'd you have to go run your mouth, Evelyn?

I opened my mouth to apologize but he beat me to it.

"I should be thanking you. I had your life a living hell for the past four years yet you still chose to give me a chance."

I slowly moved my hand closer to his and he quickly held it.

"I guess we have to thank each other," I said.

He wrapped his arms around me so that we were cuddling.

"You're a big softie, you know that?" I asked.

"I'll kill you if you ever tell anyone," he threatened.

"No, you wouldn't. Shut up," I said before burying my face into his chest and calling it for the night.