8|Nothing But Trouble

Eve's POV

"Get up!" I heard as I felt pain in my stomach.

When I fluttered my eyes open, it was mom hitting me with a pillow.

I slowly got up and covered my eyes from the bright sunlight entering my room. "Mom? You're back? What are you doing?"

She finally dropped the pillow. "Why can't you just be a good daughter for once in your life?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

She rolled her eyes. "Tom told me what you did. He gave you clear instructions and you purposely disobeyed them!"

"I didn't do it on purpose. I lost track of time!"

She scoffed, "Lost track of time my ass. I called Belly's mom she said there was no 'friend emergency'."

"Belly isn't my only friend."

She laughed, "I know where you really went."

My heart dropped as the fear of her finding out where I was last night appeared. "You do?"

"Yes Evelyn! I know you went to the library and waited until it was late to leave!"

I physically relaxed as I realized she was far from the truth.

"Mom-"

"Whether you like it or not Evelyn, Tom is your stepdad, and you must follow his orders. Do you understand?"

"Yes mom."

She awkwardly stood there probably not knowing what else to say. She usually treated me more like a friend than her daughter. She had me at the relatively young age of eighteen so she wasn't all that experienced.

"Good!" she finally shouted before storming out.

I turned my face into my pillow and screamed.

What the hell is happening to me right now. I slept with Haze, the last guy on the planet who I should've slept with.

My phone started ringing so I quickly picked up.

"Hello?"

"Good morning Ms. Parker, are you at school yet? The cheer and football teams are ready to take their photos!"

My eyes widened as I shot up. I checked the time and it was 9 a.m. I was suppose to be there since 7!

Shit.

I fake laughed, "Almost there!"

"Okay, head to the gym as soon as you get there," she said before hanging up.

I instantly jumped out of bed and fell back down just as quickly. The pain between my legs was still prominent. Was this normal?

When Chase and I did it, I never felt pain.

I took a deep breath before trying again. This time I was successful and got ready within ten minutes.

I jumped in the car and quickly drove to school. By this time, my stomach was howling. There was no time to have breakfast.

When I finally reached to school, I grabbed my equipment and ran to the gym.

When I opened the door, the whole cheer team was in there staring at me. Everyone was decked out in makeup and wore our famous, blue cheer uniform which said Williams High School of Excellence.

"Sorry everyone," I apologized while running to the backdrop to get set up.

Ashley walked up to me as hustled to get the tripod up.