15|Election Day

Eve's POV

One week later

"Relax Belly," I begged as I tried to stop her from jumping up and down.

"I can't Evie," she said as she continued to jump. "It's election day. In a few hours, I will be student body president!"

"They need to hurry up and open the polls so we can vote. This school is so unprofessional," Chase complained.

"Belly, when you become president, make sure the first thing you do is ban bullying," Aaron made sure to say.

"That's the first thing on my agenda!" she was proud to say.

They both high fived each other.

All four of us were smiling with joy. We were happy for our best friend. Her dream was finally about to come through!

The constant talking about elections will soon come to an end!

Thank God!

We were waiting in the hallway, just like everyone else, for the polls to open.

Elections were being held electronically so I wasn't sure what the holdup was.

"Maybe the WIFI is down," Aaron suggested as we started getting restless.

"Unprofessional," Chase repeated.

"Maybe they figured there was no point in having an election if it was just one person," I also suggested.

"E, knowing Mrs. Vincent, I would go with the bad WIFI," Chase told me.

All of a sudden, everyone started looking at their phones and gasping.

"Finally, the polls are open!"

I checked my phone, and I instantly froze. I looked to the others and everyone had the same stunned expression.

"What is it?" Belly asked smiling. "Did I win already?"

We all looked at each other not knowing what to tell her.

Belly continued to smile. "Okay you guys are freaking me out. What is it?"

Chase gave her his phone and her smile instantly dropped.

Haze's name was added to the ballot.

"This-this can't be. He can't do this. He can't just add his name last minute!" she shouted.

"Relax baby," Chase tried to calm her down.

"I can't relax Chase! He can't do this. Is that even allowed?"

Chase shrugged.

"Don't worry, you did all that campaigning. You still have a chance of beating him!" Aaron tried to give her hope but we all knew what the outcome would be.

Haze will win.

Belly started walking off.

"Bells, where are you going?" Chase shouted as we followed her.

"I'm going to put a stop to this. I can't let that bully do this!"

She continued to walk until we reached the principal's office.

"Ms. Adams, how are you doing?" Mrs. Vincent asked.

"Why is Haze De Luca's name on the ballot? His name was not there when we had registration!"

Mrs. Vincent laughed. "Oh, you're here about that. Well Ms. Adams, since you were the only person running, I decided to add Mr. De Luca's name to the ballot just for formalities."