24|Father Bear

Eve's POV

"Wow, they are beautiful!" Elianna exclaimed as pulled our pizzas out the oven.

Haze grabbed his pizza. "I'm starving!"

"Haze, it's hot!" I told him.

Elianna shook her head. "Don't bother wasting your breath. He does this every time."

We stood around the kitchen island as we ate.

"Thanks for staying Eve," Elianna said once again.

"Thanks for letting me stay Elianna."

She shook her head. "Don't call me that, we're friends now. Call me Elle."

Haze nodded his head. "You should call her that. She hates when people call her by her actual name."

"What? You have such a beautiful name."

She shrugged.

"So how did you two become girlfriend and boyfriend?" she randomly asked, and Haze started choking.

She quickly grabbed some water for him. "Here drink this."

He chugged it down in no time.

"You have to be more careful, Haze," she lectured. "If you thought choking would make me forget my question, you're wrong. One of you better start speaking."

"We met at school," I said.

She gave me a bored look. "I know that much, Eve."

"I used to bully her," Haze finally admitted.

She froze and fear instilled me.

She might want to reject me if she thinks I am not good enough for her brother.

All of a sudden, she slapped him across his face. "I thought I told you not to do that!"

He looked guilty. "I couldn't control my feelings, so I did the only thing I knew how to do. I thought I would eventually start hating her."

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard." She turned to me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry Eve."

"It's okay."

She wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to me. "If my brother ever pulls anything with you, call me and I will murder him for you. Actually, you can call me about anything. Think of me as your big sister."

"Thank you."

"I'll give you two some space. I have to start packing," she said before hugging me again. "Goodnight Eve."

"Goodnight Elle."

She quickly punched Haze in the stomach before running upstairs.

He groaned in pain as he grabbed his stomach.

"I deserve it," he accepted.

"You're lucky you have a good body."

"Wait, you think I have a good body?" he asked with sparking eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and kiss me."

He smiled before wheeling me in and pressing his lips against mine.

When I felt satisfied, I pulled back. "Now I really have to go."

He pulled me in again. "Do you have to?"

"I do."

He lowered his head. "I feel like I don't get enough time with you."

I laughed. "Haze, I've been with you for the whole day."