~𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰~

y/n sleeps peacefully on her bed as miles sits across the room in a beanbag. he pretends not to be watching in case she wakes up, but really, she has been his main focus all night. he thought about how afraid of the prowler she was. he'd think it was cuter if he wasn't him. it was great and all, telling her he would take care of her, but it also hurt to know she was truly afraid of him (even though she had no idea it was him.)

he rolls his head back and sighs softly. it was 9am. he'd stayed up with her, holding her tightly until she fell asleep and reassuring her that he was there. once she fell asleep, he moved to her desk and went over the drawings she made once more in awe of her talent.

everytime he crossed the pages with drawings of spiderman, he'd tsk and hold back from ripping out the page. this time though, he intently stares at a drawing of the prowler. the detail is so in depth it's almost like she knew it was him.

he's shook out his thoughts from shuffling noises in y/n's bed. he closes the sketchbook and puts it down on y/n's desk, rising from the beanbag and approaching her bed as she sits up, rubbing her eyelids. she jumps at the sound of footsteps, but her expression softens at the sight of miles. he smirked and sat at the edge of her bed silently. she smiled but covered her face and stood up, going to her bathroom.

"why you runnin' for?" he stood off her bed and followed her to the bathroom but she closes the door in his face. "i have to use the bathroom, damn." she looked in the mirror, her hair all over the place. she hears miles at her door, snickering. "can't you like walk away when i'm literally peeing." she asks, using the bathroom. she could almost feel him roll his eyes. he listened though. she heard his footsteps retreat from the bathroom door.

once finished, she flushed the toilet, washed her hands and dried them. she took her hairbrush and brushed it into a sloppy ponytail. meanwhile, miles laid back on her beanbag chair and began thinking about if he told her he was the prowler. would she not love him no more? maybe she'd hate him, then run off and get with spiderman. hell naw.

y/n finishes her hair and then brushes her teeth. "hurry upppp. i'm bored." miles shouts across the room. she spits out the toothpaste. "you could really just go home if you're boutta be up in my house complaining because i'm actually hygienic." he groaned, mumbling something along the lines of "jodidamente molesto (fucking annoying.)" she rolled her eyes as she opened the bathroom door.

"fuckin finally." miles was laid out across the floor but sat up when he heard the door open. she shook her head and walked over to her closet. "you really do have to go home. i have shit to do." he stood up and walked up behind her as she chose her outfit for the day. he was close enough she almost felt him pressing into her back.

"i seen some drawings of the prowler in your book. i mean, if i didn't know you, i would think you liked him from the way you draw him..." she spins around and glares at him, her clothes tight in her grip. "i do not. how could you even say that?" she moves back to the bathroom, setting the chosen outfit on her counter. she turns around to go back out of the bathroom but miles stood at the door, staring down at her with a tense look on his face. she shivered under his glance. it was like he was looking through her thoughts.

"you lying huh." his smirk grew as his eyes trail across her increasingly angry and embarrassed expression. she shoves past him and rushes toward her dresser. "i don't. that's so weird of you to assume." not that he was wrong. prowler was a lil too fine to be a villain. that might've been part of what scared her.

"you seem to have a thing for latinos with braids, so don't be mad when i make assumptions." her back is to him because she's looking for her favorite bra but she still bit her lip to conceal the smirk about to lighten her face. "since when? it seems like you know more about me than i do." she grabs the bra and a pair of underwear, holding them to her chest, swiftly moving around miles and back to the bathroom. she sets them on the counter along with her outfit.

he snickers and proceeds to follow her around. she bent over to grab her towels, blow dryer and hair products. miles sucks in air from the doorway. she looked up with curiosity to see miles was now looking around anywhere but in the bathroom. as she stares, he looks back at her. she was still slightly bent over, digging through the cabinet. the eye contact gets too intense, almost burning. she looks away and continues grabbing products.

miles snickered and she listened to the laugh fade as he crossed the room. "i'll go then. let you get ready for your plans or whateva." she then gets up and walks back over to him. "i'll text you later." he looks over at her with a genuine smile, then looks back down to finish tying his shoes. she moved over to the window, opening it for him. "ight. i love you." he straightened up.

"mhmm. bye." she gestured toward the window with a small wave. his smile drops as he moves closer to her. "nigga say it back." she glared and pursed her lips, still gesturing towards the open window. he licked his lips and grabbed her chin. "say it back, mami."

the air escapes her lungs so quickly as she almost melts into his grip on her chin. his eyes were so pretty as they stared at her intensely, waiting for her answer.

"i love you too."

title of the chapter is based off the song i know by big sean feat. jhene aiko.