~𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞~

miles didn't spend the night at y/n's house that night. he was petty. even though she swore that he was just her friend, he didn't like that he just came to her house unannounced. he thought he should be the only one to do that. he was home alone, his mom taking a double shift. he blasted music and heavily punched the punching bag in the corner of his room.

"you told me i could trust you, don't lie... i could really use it." trust by brent faiyaz played over the speakers, reminding him of last night.

before he left her house, she'd grabbed his hand, holding it for a moment. "i love you. but you have to trust me. peter is my best friend and i love him too." she stared at him, waiting for his reply. he shrugged and smacked his teeth. "i really don't care."

ironically, the song skips to a song called paper soldier by brent faiyaz (he was in a brent type mood.)

"i act like i don't care, that's cuz i don't care." he could relate to the lyrics any other day, but the terrible thing was he did care. he'd never admit that out loud though. that's what makes you vulnerable. miles kept that i don't care mindset whenever he got into a relationship as well. they always broke up with him because of it. who knows why, right?

he was punching deliriously and aggressively without knowing, until there was a sound at his bedroom door. he turned around already squaring up, but lowered his hands when he saw his uncle at the door. uncle aaron snickered and leaned against the door frame.

"damn boy, you tryna break the wall?" miles let out a small chuckle, then lowering the volume to his music. uncle aaron enters the room and pulls miles desk chair out, sitting with the back of the chair in front of him. miles sat on his bed, curling his legs to his chest and putting his hands at his ankles.

"so sumn happened with ole girl, huh?" uncle aaron had that knowing smirk on his face, making miles snicker. the laugh disappeared at the thought of last night again. "you gon tell me or i need to make a quick call to spider-boy?" they both laugh now. uncle aaron had teased him like this since he told him he was the prowler. he'd never actually snitch though.

"so i show up at her window after patrol, like a respectful, caring person does," saying this actually made him cringe, dropping his head into his hands. uncle aaron was laughing hard as hell now, actually holding his chest. "okay, it was not that damn funny." he was still laughing, but he caught his breath and paused for a moment. "you ain't never said you cared about a girl. matter fact, you barely ever mention 'em. i thought you was gay for a minute."

miles jaw dropped at that one, sending his uncle laughing more and holding his stomach more. "well, if i'm being honest... not a lot of girls, at school at least, be tryna get with me. it's cuz they know me as the dude who can't care enough to give that much attention. i guess it sucked for a bit, but then i met y/n and i realized i didn't need no one else. know what i mean?" damn was it corny to admit. luckily, his uncle didn't judge stuff like that.

"so this girl got you changing it up a lil? that's gon make the girls at your school mad. not that that's a problem or anything, just sayin'." miles tilts his head with a glare as uncle aaron throws his hands up with another laugh. "but listen, if she's really the one, you won't care about any other girls bein' jealous or tryna fu- mess up what y'all got. all you gon be worried about is her and her feelings."

miles nodded slowly, pulling his legs closer to his chest. uncle aaron stood up and went over to him for some dap. "well, i just came here to make sure you was doing what your momma told you to." uncle aaron gave him that look that meant "cuz you know she'll whoop your ass if you don't." miles nodded and gave him dap. uncle aaron chuckled and left miles room, shutting the door after him.

miles sighed and grabbed the singular purple carnation y/n had gotten him for his birthday. he picked up the little note that came with it as well. it reads "happy birthday to my hercules. love you :)"

he couldn't stay mad forever. he groaned and stood up, putting the flower down, changing into his purple hoodie, green puffer jacket and some baggy black cargos. he puts on his purple jordan 1s, tying his shoelaces, then opened his window and closed it behind him, hopping out.

y/n was on facetime with peter. they weren't really talking, just doing their own thing. peter was folding some of his clothes into his dresser neatly and hanging up outfits in his closet. y/n watched him and lazily sketched him. music played from her alexa softly. she played good days by sza. they both hum along.

her house was hella hot, and her dad wouldn't let her touch the thermostat, so she left her window open to allow cooler air in (as well as another reason.)

"your dad got overtime again, huh?" peter looked at the camera for a moment, then folded up a pair of shorts. y/n sighed and set her pencil down for a moment. "it's almost every night now. i barely see that man no more."

he nodded, putting away his last pair of socks and then filling the empty basket with dirty clothes.

"at least he's working, instead of just being... gone?" she nodded, laughing a bit. peter smiled. then his head suddenly turned to his window. he rushed over and looked over the window seal. "shit... lemme call you later. bye."

"okay, bye." he hung up before she could get it out and she tsked. she closes the sketchbook and sets it at the corner of her desk. in the process, she let the plastic cup of dried paint brushes tip off her desk. she groaned and got down on the floor to pick them up, setting the cup down and filling it with them.

the floor creaks, causing her to jump a bit. she turned around just to see miles standing there, his hands in his pockets. he goofily smirked down at her.

"i told you to stop coming in here like that." she picked the cup up and placed it back on her desk.

"i seen you talking to that nigga peter again. he hang up cuz he saw me?"

that could make sense, but what made more is that he's spider-man and his weird ass sense thingie went off. peter tried explaining it to her, but once he called it his "spidey-senses" she ended up laughing through the conversation.

"i don't know. i guess." she cleared other stray pencils off of her desk with her back to him. when she turned around, he was just staring at her. not like a weird way, but he just held intense focus on her. she raised her brows and waved her hand in front of him. "nigga hello?"

"my bad. you just make it hard to look away." she didn't expect that. she looked away, her smile overtaking her face "you're mad corny." he giggled. it wasn't his usual serious laugh. this one sounded like he was genuinely entertained. "you still love me though, huh?" she looked back at him. they just stare at each other for a moment. "of course i do."

she would've said more, but she got distracted by looking at him for too long. his eyes were so beautiful, but he looked exhausted. his under eyes were slightly baggy and there was a scar alongside his cheek. she reached up and, hesitantly, began to trace it with her fingertip. miles wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. her breath catches at their closeness.

she slowly shifted her gaze down to his lips and back up. miles leaned down and pressed their lips together. the warm feeling in her stomach was tense, her heart beating out of her chest. miles held her so tightly it was almost like he was scared someone would take her. she held the back of his neck, her nails running down it, causing his body to shiver.

y/n pulls away from the kiss, but she doesn't want to let go of him. she buried her face into his chest, her arms wrapped around him. he held her in his arms, never wanting to let her go.

title of the chapter is based off the song your peace- jacquees, feat. lil baby