~𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭~

miles throws his final blow at the scientist working with spider-man, leaving her severely injured and tied up where he began. once he hears webs flipping his way, he swiftly retreats from his position. "gwen... nonononono!" he snickers at the incompetence of spider-man's ability to save this "gwen."

once miles is far enough away from the scene to take his mask off, he quickly pulls his phone out of his pocket and clicks on y/n's contact. he sends a simple "hey." then continues his patrol across brooklyn.

y/n looks at her phone and sees the text. she rolls her eyes, knowing he'll probably just show up at her window in a few minutes. she sets the phone down and continues reading her book. She blasts music in her ears yet again, but is interrupted from 3 heavy knocks at the window. she thought she had more time.

she slowly turns her head in an annoyed manner, but she's not looking at miles. instead, spider-man stares at her, his expression frantic and suit torn. she jumps up with urgency, shoving her bookmark into her book and opening the window, allowing a cold breeze of air to rush into the room.

spider-man's pace of breath is rapid, and he doesn't even ask to enter her room, he just slides through the window. "what the hell? no manners having ass-" she gasps when he suddenly pulls his mask off. "peter?!?" her heart is racing as he just stares at her and practically gasps for breath. "what happened-"

she's cut off by the warmth of his hands around her. at first she's shocked, but she hugs him back tighter. he buried his face into her shoulder, dampening her shirt with tears. he knows about miles because she would always tell him about him, so he pulled the mask back over his face. "gwen. the prowler, he- she's hurt. bad." he let her go and wiped his face.

"i'm so sorry, peter... she didn't deserve that. she's alive though, yeah?" she pats a spot for him on her bed, grabbing her dad's work hoodie and some baggy sweatpants twice her size, tossing them towards him. he grabs the clothes and pulls them on, then yanking the mask off, shoving it in his pocket and sitting on her bed. he laid back against the cold wall.

"I love her. so much. i really hope she can like... tough it out, i guess." she couldn't hold her giggle back at that. "nothing better you could've said?" now they both giggle. once the laughs calm, they scoot closer to each other. peter lays his head on her shoulder. "i'm just... so tired."

she feels his body tremble as he lets out a shiver. she didn't care that he got tears or blood on her shirt. all that mattered was that he was okay.

the moment is ruined when miles appears at the window. "fuck." both her and peter mumble. he lifts his head up and hops off of her bed. she gets up too, opening the door for him and awkwardly smiling. "i'll call you later. love you, lil sis. good luck." he reaches to dap her up, then hurriedly exits the room.

"love you too." she shouts after him. she then shut her bedroom door and turned around to go over to her bedroom window. she'd forgot she left it open. miles stood right in front of her when she turned around, causing her to gasp. "miles-" he cut her off (what a pattern today.)

"who the fuck was that nigga? and whatchu tellin him you love him for?" miles presses her, causing her to back into her door. he looked deep into her eyes, almost like he was searching for the answer to his own question. even though she was backed up as far as she could be, he still moved closer until his torso pressed against hers.

"...peter. he was just checking in on me." he kept that condescending look on his face and leaned closer to her. she wanted to look away, but she knew it'd make her look guilty. "yeah he knew i was bout it. left real quick." he didn't move, just stayed that close to her.

"you know you're mine right?" her lips parted in shock. his smirk grew at her reaction. he leans closer. their lips almost touch. she felt his lips move as he spoke. "not no other niggas. you ain't even gotta be lettin' em in." his eyes move down to her lips, then back up.

she couldn't resist the feeling. just as she was about to close the space between them, he moved away with a smirk. he held eye contact with her, and she finally folded, looking away. "he's my friend... and he just needed someone to talk to. it wasn't anything serious." she fidgeted with her hands for a moment, pretending not to be paying attention to miles. he was smirking but still seemed upset.

"i didn't like how y'all was just in here, on yo bed, alone. that's an us thing." he makes her smile at that, but still, he's not boutta be all protective over her best friend. "we're not even together yet, first of all. and you can't just claim me." she looked at him, crossing her arms. he scoffs. "who said i couldn't?"

"nigga i did!"

"well i already did." he moves closer to her again. before she can back up at all, he grabbed both sides of her waist and pulled her close. "you shoulda known by now, mami."

title of the chapter is based off the song excitement by trippie redd and partynextdoor.