Chapter 3

"I did tell you I would see you again, didn't I?" 

I stared at Akaza as he stared at me, waiting for my reaction. He took his hand off my head and placed it on my upper arm, rubbing it up and down in soothing motions.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked, looking concerned.

"No, you scared me, that's all," I removed his hand off me by walking to my futon. I sat down on it and just thought. WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO NOW?!?! My attempt to never see him again already failed the first night. 

Akaza sat next to me, and waved his hand in my face. "Hello? Earth to Y/n?" 

I stopped staring into space and looked at him. I had to talk to him and get him to leave me alone before he harmed me. 

"Sorry Akaza, I didn't think you would come so soon," I smiled. "I thought you would wait until I went to the temple again."

"Nope, it pains me to be away from you for so long, you know," he teased. 

I stood up and stretched, "Well I was doing a few things, want to watch?"

He nodded eagerly with a breathtaking smile, showing his fangs that sent shivers down my spine. I turned around and just continued doing what I was doing before. I started to clean up my books and journals, putting things away and getting out another book. It was an instrument book.

I sat in the chair at my desk and flipped through the small book until I reached the Koto sections. Some pages included how to play and how to tune such an instrument. It was relatively easy to play and I was excited to learn.

"You want to play the Koto?" Akaza's head rested on mine. He had snuck up on me and I didn't realize he was there until he said a word. 

"Yeah, I have a tutor teaching me tomorrow as well," I said, still a little panicky.

"I'd love to hear you play sometime," he kissed the top of my head and my face went red. "You're cute, I'm so glad I can be next to you now," he chuckled.

I stayed staring at my book, not saying a word. His laugh was one of the purest noises I've ever heard. I'd listen to it repeatedly and I wouldn't get bored. He laid his head in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent.

"I'm kind of disappointed that you disregarded the yukata I got you," he broke the silence, "it's a really nice color but I get it if you don't want it."

"It's just, I don't like that it's stolen," I lied. It was evidence that he existed and I didn't want it to be true.

"That's alright, I'll buy it for you next time," he calmly said. It went silent again as I kept reading. An idea appeared in my head.

"Akaza, how long have you been watching me?" I was curious. I could feel his body stop moving and then he exhaled. 

"A few years, maybe two," he paused, "sorry."

"It's alright," it was possible that he did keep me alive this long and didn't want to harm me.

"How old am i?" I popped the question. If he's been watching me for two years, then he'd know. It'd be the reassurance I needed.

"Your 20th birthday is just around the corner, end of November," he turned my chair around and looked at me with both his hands on either side of my head, holding onto the back of the chair. "You don't trust me, do you?" 

"Of course I do," I lied. My chest tightened as he kept staring into my eyes. I had a feeling he could see right through me with his glowing amber eyes.