Chapter 14

Warnings!!
Mentions of blood, violence, murder, biting/marking, and trauma (barely any)
.
.
.

When he rushed after me, I gripped the katana, ready to swing but he slipped on his own blood and fell straight into the blade. The piercing scream made me cringe away and I almost let go of the sword.

I did it! I defended myself and I’m safe. I knew it wasn’t exactly the end until I got to the comfort of my home but who would survive a wound like that? I tried calming down, my breathing regulating and my body finally tensed after the adrenaline started to drain from my body. My muscles protested and my hands started to shake.

I placed a leg on the man’s chest and pulled out the katana in one swift movement. I wiped off the remaining blood on his clothes as he screamed again. Just as I was about to turn to leave, I realized Akaza was standing in the doorway. I hadn’t noticed him arrive since the beating of my heart and the screams from my kidnapper drowned any other sound out.

He stood there dazed, not saying anything. I walked towards him and put the blade back in its scabbard. The only sound filling the air was the whimpers of the man on the floor, his life slowly draining away. Akaza finally snapped out of his trance and hugged me.

“I’m so glad you are safe. Are you hurt anywhere?” I winced when he touched my wrist and he noticed.

His glare went straight behind me. Akaza let go of me and walked past me. “Just letting you know,” he crouched down to make eye contact with my kidnapper, “Your death is on my hands, not hers.”

It took me a bit to realize what he was talking about. He was right, I stabbed a man to death, I mean, he’s not dead yet but I gave him a fatal blow. Akaza reached down and grabbed the man’s wrist, immediately followed by a crack. Akaza broke his wrist, then the next, and then both his ankles.

The man, who I assumed was Maseo because of the mark he left, was dwindling on the line between life and death. I could see his energy slowly slipping away from his eyes and they shut close.

“Wake up,” I heard a harsh slap, “You think you can get away with hurting her? If she hadn’t stabbed you, you would be pleading at my mercy.” I closed my eyes and turned around before he continued, pressing my hands to my ears. A few more hits and cracks before Maseo was a mutilated mess.

I suddenly felt big, strong arms wrap around me. “You did great, I’m so happy you're alive,” he flipped me around and placed a tender kiss on my lips. I couldn’t hold back, after the shit I went through, I missed him more than ever. I laced my fingers in his pink hair, bringing him closer to me in need.

“Y/n, we need to tend to your injuries,” he whispered with urgency, his lips almost touching mine. Despite his words, I could see the desire flaming in his eyes, he wanted me just as much as I wanted him. But once I was completely drained from energy, I felt the pain that had been hidden for too long. I staggered into his arms, my legs gave out not only in exhaustion but also the bruises and cuts on my ankles made it hard to move.

Akaza didn’t wait another second before lifting me in his arms and rushing back towards my village. “Y/n, where did you get that katana?” The question had come out of nowhere.

“It was in the man’s room,” I said, studying his face for any reaction.

“Alright,” once he answered, I was about to dig in even more but our conversation was cut short. I could see the sun starting to rise as we got closer to my home.

“Akaza! You’re going to burn up. I can make it on my own from here,” He didn’t care, he kept going until we were on the streets surrounded by buildings.