Chapter 17

“Y/n,” I heard from behind me. I turned around and was met by a pair of blue eyes, staring straight into mine. 

“Are you okay?” He continued to ask; I could barely hear him. 

“Yes why?” I hadn’t expected him to wake me up especially when I was sleeping so well for the first time in a while.

The corner of his mouth slightly turned downwards in a frown, “You were tossing and turning. You even said, ‘No please”. 

“I did?” I tried recalling my dream, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. I had thought having him here was working but it wasn’t, maybe just a little bit. 

“Yes,” his eyes wandered behind me and then he slowly got up. I was about to open my mouth to ask him where he was going but he interrupted me, saying, “Stay here.”

I did as he told me and tried falling asleep again. He soon came back with a cup in his hand. I could tell it was hot from the steam coming from the top. “Drink this,” he ordered, so I slowly sat up and took the cup from his hands. 

I stared at the cup, “What is it?” I took a sip before he answered.

“It’s chamomile tea. It should help a bit,” he sat back down so we were now facing each other. I was starting to get the hang of how Tomioka showed how he cared. He was more of an act of service guy than physical or words. I didn’t mind though because I knew a lot of people who were physical, so this was refreshing. 

“Thank you,” I set the now three-fourths empty cup on the floor, next to my borrowed futon. 

“You’re welcome,” he laid back down as if he was going back to sleep, his back turned towards me. That’s when an idea popped into my head. I scooted the futon closer to his, closing the eight-inch space. I hurried and finished the rest of the tea before laying back down.

I hesitated for a second, thinking whether I should go through with my plan or not. I let out a small sigh before pressing my body up against his back.

He didn’t have to say anything for me to know he was confused and shock; his whole body tensed up. “Sorry, I just feel like this would help,” I slowly slid my hands around him, inch by inch, waiting for his approval.

“If it help, then you may,” his body finally relaxed just as I finished putting an arm around him. His scent was much stronger now that I was right up against him. I wanted to incase it in a bottle and use it as a perfume because of the floral, herbal, and beachy fragrance. I snuggled my face into his back, finding comfort in having him close to me. 

.

.

.

I woke up to the sun rays hitting me directly in the eyes. I didn’t want to get up since I’ve slept more tonight than the past 5 days combined. When I opened my eyes, I was met by dark blue locks close to me. I realized Giyuu had turned around while we were sleeping so my face was in his chest instead of his back. I looked up and saw him still sleeping. He looked just as beautiful asleep, maybe even more than when he’s awake. It was the first time I’ve seen him completely at peace, no emotions showing on his face. But of course, that had to come to an end, and he woke up. I couldn’t avert my face fast enough, so he definitely saw me staring. 

My hands became loose around his body, and I slowly pulled away, trying not to make him offended. When I looked back up at him, his eyes were closed again. I sat up and looked for Sabito where he was nowhere to be seen. 

I looked around the area and found him in the kitchen. Whatever he was making smelled amazing. It was impressive he could cook with one arm only. I made my way to where we was at and then looked back at Tomioka. He seemed to notice my confusion.