Chapter 5

"Hey, Y/n, you okay in there?" I heard my mothers voice call to me from the other side of the door.

Me and Akaza stared at each other and he seemed to be trying to talk to me with his eyes, telling me to say something.

"Uh yeah, I just put the water a bit too hot," I looked at Akaza to see if it was a good excuse, and he seemed to approve. 

"Okay well be careful next time. You scared me," she sounded relieved and then I heard her footsteps, more quiet as she walked away.

I called out to her before she got too far, "I'm sorry ma!" I just saved myself and Akaza but all he did was grin to mock me.

"What are you smiling at?" I tried to seem rude but I started to laugh quietly. His adorable smile was contagious.

"I would have just left through the window, but I wanted to see your reaction. Seeing you panic was funny," he whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

I sank more into the water, "very funny," I sighed, "why are you here, can't you give me some privacy?" I questioned him again. He was getting too clingy, it got annoying sometimes.

Sure I finally met him, like he wanted but that didn't mean he got to see me again. I had no obligation to keep him around. 

"I couldn't wait, plus I already explored your room," he seemed bored out of his mind. There is nothing interesting in my room, of course he'd come here. But I wasn't interesting either. 

"Hopefully you found something you liked," I sighed. I closed my eyes and sat in the water. All my muscles relaxed and I felt my sore fingers soothe. The koto was taking a toll on my fingers and I needed some way of getting them in a better state.

It all went silent. Way too silent for Akaza to be in the room. I opened my eyes and searched for him, he was gone. Finally some peace and quiet. I thought about things, unimportant things.

Are the flowers and plants from yesterday ready? 

Did I make a good impression on Tomioka?

I should learn to be a better cook. 

I need to practice the koto more before our next lesson.

My mind wandered off as the water soaked my skin. And then I felt soft, delicate things fall on me. I opened my eyes again to white rose petals falling on me and into the water. Akaza was tossing them in, he had a whole arm full of them. In the end he just tossed them all together and covered me as if it was snowing.

"There, such a cute sight, and it covers you better," he sat back down.

I started picking off the petals that fell on my head, "Thanks, but where did you steal these from?" 

"I didn't steal them, they were going to wilt anyways. They symbolize innocence just like you."

Innocent my ass. If he knew what nasty things I did to myself, he wouldn't think I was innocent. But hasn't he been stalking me for two years? There's no way he hasn't seen me.

"I assume you don't like them? I mean you aren't saying a word," He looked a bit upset but understanding. 

"No no, I like them, it's a nice gesture," I tried to comfort him. Why am I comforting a damn demon? But he does have human emotions. The only thing wrong is his appetite and how he doesn't bat an eye for murder, and stalking apparently.

"I'm glad to hear that," he sat back down in his previous position. We sat there in silence for a bit, the atmosphere getting really awkward. I don't think this is how he thought things were going to go. What did he expect? I was just going to swoon into his unwanted watching? Like that was so romantic.