Chapter 11

"Can I ask you something before it's my birthday?" I asked him, remembering about the odd letter. I didn't want to ruin the mood but it's been on my mind for far too long.

"Yeah, go ahead," he straightened his back, sitting a bit taller.

I stood up quickly and staggered from the dizziness. Akaza stood up and held on to me and I reassured him that I was okay. I walked to the desk and grabbed the letter. I placed it on his chest and waited until he grabbed it to let go.

"Why are you writing me weird things? It really creeped me out," I looked at his expression and it worried me even more. He looked just as confused as I was.

"I didn't write this," he looked up at me and then back down at the paper, turning it over, "But this is from your journal."

"Well I didn't either. It just appeared. And the notes you left me disappeared too," I grabbed my journal and showed him all of the ripped pages. "Even the bouquet is gone."

He put his hand to his chin, "No wonder I felt weird coming in. I sensed that someone else was here too."

"But does that mean I'm being stalked?" My heart started to beat fast and I put my hand on my chest.

Akaza noticed my discomfort and hurried towards me, taking my hand off of my chest and putting it on his cheek. He inhaled my scent from my wrist and kissed my palm, "Y/n, I won't ever let anyone hurt you. I promise."

I sighed and laid back on my bed, having my arm cover my face, "Yeah. It's fine for now. My birthday's soon anyways. I don't want to ruin the mood."

I took my hand off of my face and noticed Akaza laying next to me, his elbow propped up and his head resting on his hand. His body was turned to mine and he was watching me.

My heart skipped a beat and I think he noticed because he grinned at me. I groaned and closed my eyes again.

He started to complain at my annoyance, "C'mon, you're almost twenty. Just be happy with me for a few more minutes."

"You're only staying here for a few minutes?" I looked at him shocked but he just chuckled. He picked me up and laid me on top of him, this time my back was on him. I flipped around so I could see his face.

"Do you want me to stay longer?" He cooed at me and I just covered his mouth with my hands.

"Answer my question," I demanded and uncovered his mouth so he could speak.

"Well you've been waiting for me right?" He started to rub circles on my back, "You must be tired so I want to let you sleep."

"If I fall asleep now, will you stay a bit longer?" I rested my head on his chin on his chest and looked down. His skin was fairly smooth and had no blemishes to it, I was sort of jealous.

"I'll give it some thought but you might want to sleep now. When you wake up in the morning, you'll find my present." He smiled.

I sat up beside him, "Actually I have an idea for a present."

He raised an eyebrow, "Okay? What is it?"

"It's my birthday already right?" He nodded in agreement so I continued, "Which means I can drink." I grinned at him and he realized what I was going to say.

"Y/n, you know I can't get drunk. And I won't know how to take care of you if you drink too much," he grimaced at the thought.

I clasped my hands together in a pleading motion, "Please please please."

He threw his head back in defeat, "Fine, but make due with what you have in the house. I'm not letting you outside."

I thanked him and hurried to the kitchen. I made sure every single one of my steps was quiet so my parents wouldn’t wake up. They had a very busy day today so I assumed they were sound asleep and they wouldn’t be waking up anytime soon. I looked through their stash of bottles and found one of my favorites. Obviously I’ve drunk before but never out at bars so that was going to be a new experience. I got a glass and headed back to my room. I was upset that Akaza couldn’t drink with me but I could manage with that.