Truth

Enjoy!

›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

To say the least, Gray was surprised when the crying blonde stepped into the room with his best friend trying to support her as best as he could.

When she spotted his raven hair, she immediately dried her tears with her palms, forcing a smile.
„Hey Gray." her was voice broken.

His blue eyes studied her expression and he didn't need to be a psychiatrist to know that something definitely was wrong and she was not crying because she was so happy to see him.

So, he stood to his feet and walked to her, his statue towering over her.

He always hated to see the blonde cry. She was finally with the living again, and here she was, saddened as if she had just died.

His thumb brushed over her wet cheek and he felt her head melting into his hand, like a little cat looking for comfort.

Now that he thought about it, he remembered  the nickname he had chosen for her back then, although it was a few years ago.

Catzilla.

The way she would quarrel with Natsu, the way she would talk back to people, she had always been quiet the fighter. But at the same time, she was as adorable as a newborn kitten.

He felt Natsu's intense stare, glaring at the hand that had just touched the blonde's face.

Oh yes, how dare he?

He almost forgot about Natsu's insanity when it came to Lucy, and he could hardly blame him. Looking at her, everyone would want to protect her. But Natsu took it to a whole next level.

„What happened?" Gray asked, removing his hand from her face.

He obviously didn't want to provoke Natsu when Lucy was in such a state.
If she was happily laughing, he would gladly drive the pinkette crazy. It has always been amusing to watch his aggravated expression whenever another guy approached Lucy.

Natsu shook his head in response, meaning he had no idea either why the blonde was crying.

He led her to his broken bed and sat her down, never leaving her side as he hugged her.

Gray followed them and sat right next to her, rubbing her back.

It didn't take long for Lucy to calm down. It helped to be comforted by these two. She felt loved and warm.

„I remember what happened." She finally spoke after a long pause of silence.

„Everything." she added.

Natsu gulped hardly, preparing for what she might reveal.

„Natsu," she turned her head to him, looking at him with apologetic eyes.

„I lied. I didn't go help my mom." she admitted. He frowned.

„Where did you go then?" he asked.