The beginning

Enjoy!

›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›‹›

„Stop getting on my nerves already." The girl said and walked away from the boy, only for him to pull her back by her wrist.

„Shut up, I know you did this on purpose." He said and still didn't let her go.
„Did what, for gods sake?!" She scoffed and finally got out of his grip.

„You probably told your parents you wanted to marry a rich guy, that's why I have to marry someone like YOU." He stated and gave her a dirty look while raising his eyebrows at her.

„Can you stop dreaming already? I would never lower my pride to be with someone like YOU." She mimicked him.
„Well, I have to lower myself as the perfect person I am to be with someone as poor as you. You're not only poor, you dress like a guy as well. Not my style at all." He hissed and scanned her up and down, judging her clothes which consisted of a simple grey hoodie and black sweatpants.

„You're not only arrogant and stupid, you also dress up like a girl. Not my style either." She imitated him again, feeling slightly hurt by his comment but she decided to ignore it.
„I'll tell my parents that I'd rather marry a trashcan than someone like you!" He called out and pointed at her, clearly feeling offended by her remarks about him.
„Gladly!" She yelled back and with that, both walked away from each other.

2 weeks earlier

„Lucy? Dear? Can we talk for a bit?" A middle-aged woman asked, knocking on the door of the beautiful young teenager.
The door was opened and revealed the blonde beauty.

„What's up, mom?" The girl asked curiously and put her hands into the pockets of her oversized hoodie as she was still having a lollipop in her mouth.

"Your father and I have to talk to you." Layla, her mom, said in a serious tone.

„Ouh, am I in trouble?" The teen was already sweating and thought about every mistake she had ever made in her life.

„If it's about out neighbors, I swear I apologized for breaking-" She was interrupted by her mothers confused looking face.
„You did what?" Layla asked, raising her eyebrow.

„Nothing! So what did you want to talk to me about?" Lucy tried to laugh it off as good as possible.

In return Layla only sighed, dragged her daughter out of the room and stopped at the living room where her father was already sitting on the couch, reading the newspaper.

Their apartment was not what you'd call „luxurious" or „Wow!".
It was rather on the small side, having only two rooms, a medium sized living room and a small kitchen.
But it was more than enough.
Enough for Lucy.

She was used to living like this and she was working since she was 13, trying to help her family out a little bit while she was also still going to school.

Meeting up with her small friend circle was not always possible since she was so busy despite being poor.

If she didn't work, she'd study for good grades.
If she didn't study, she'd help her mom with the housework.

And if there was a time where she could finally get some rest, she'd spent it with her best friend Levy, reading books together in the library.

She didn't have the best clothes either as she had not much money to buy proper clothes for „girls".
From the salary she got she only kept 40$ each month for herself and gave the rest to her parents.
Her closet mostly consisted of oversized hoodies and shirts, sweatpants or oversized pants.