Chapter 6 - First Breath I

Feel free to give your opinions, and feel free to comment. I would appreciate it if you support the novel.

If you'd like to read the advance 15+ chapters, and if you'd like to support me; https://www.patreon.com/dyspromen

*******

'Quirk Singularity' was a theory that was put forward a long time ago. The assumption of the theory was that from generation to generation, the Quirk possessed by the Quirk owners became stronger. This meant that in the future, people would not be able to control their Quirks and even Quirks that could destroy the Earth would emerge. This theory was developed by Dr Kyudai Garaki (All For One's doctor). When Kyudai came up with his thesis, no one believed him. They even made fun of him and looked down on him. This led Garaki to join the ranks of the AFO with the AFO's belief in him.

However, what Kyudai Garaki did not know was that it was Levi, not AFO, who first believed in his thesis. After discovering the thesis, Levi proved Garaki's theory with his calculations and simulations. Of course, the thesis could have been proved by observations on several generations of Quirk owners. However, human society was too caught up in the existence of the so-called 'Vigilantes' and the comfort they brought with them. As a result, one of the greatest scientists in history had turned to the dark side.

Levi believed that Mikasa's future child would have such a Quirk. This was because of the Quirks possessed by the Ackerman clansmen. Until Mikasa, no member had ever awakened a rare Quirk. Levi realised that this must be an anomaly with the data he collected from different countries and Japan. In his research on this, he came to a new discovery. The bloodline power, which was once thought to be the blessing of the Ackerman clan, had become their curse. The Ackerman clan's bloodline power suppressed the Quirk awakening experienced by its members, weakening the awakened Quirk.

This situation was eliminated with Mikasa. However, the process, like human evolution, depended on the development of the individual. This meant that if Monica gave birth to a child again, the child born would not have a strong Quirk. However, Levi had calculated that the child Mikasa would give birth to would have a strong Quirk with a ninety per cent probability. Of course, he did not inform Mikasa of these calculations. Her already fragile mental balance did not need information that could convince her that she was superior to others.

A year after the tragic death of the Yeager family, Mikasa finally became pregnant. She had requested a sperm transplant from her abdomen to her womb. Levi ignored the twisted and depraved thoughts running through Mikasa's mind and honoured her request. With Natsu's sperm, Mikasa's long-awaited pregnancy could begin. Mikasa had taken a break from training her body during her pregnancy. As she always did, she followed Levi's instructions to the letter, avoiding any complications in the process.

Unable to train her body, she had learnt more about the social sciences, human psychology and business, areas she had been interested in as a teenager. Mikasa deeply believed in her own superiority. However, she also knew that her lack of understanding of other people was her weakness. This was something Mikasa could not accept in her superior self. The reason she was interested in business was to make the future of the Ackerman clan more solid. No matter how much Levi managed and developed the company, at some point he or her children would have to be involved in the process.

Besides, Mikasa had realised that with her Quirk and her powers, she was better at protecting than fighting. Of course, she was stronger than 99.90 per cent of humans, but it was the small fraction that determined the future of the Earth. And Mikasa had become more feminine and maternal since reaching adulthood. She always dreamed of the child she would bear and concluded that her child would be adorable. Her dreams centred more on her child being a boy and her relationship with Mikasa when he grew up. Mikasa had such a broken, twisted, diseased mind.