Chapter 38 - Battle Trail II

If you'd like to read the advance 10+ chapters, and if you'd like to support me; patreon.com/Dyspromen

*******

Once the teams were decided, the battle trials began. The first group to battle were teams A and D. Team A consisted of Izuku and Ochaco. Team D consisted of Bakugo and Ida. Bakugo and Ida entered the building where the trial would take place, while Izuku and Ochaco used the one minute they were given to plan. The rest of the class, along with All Might, were in the watching room, observing them. On All Might's signal, the test began. While Ida stayed by the fake bomb, Bakugo went down to the first floor of the building to set a trap for the opposing team. Meanwhile, Izuku and Ochaca made their way into the building. Shortly after they entered the building, Bakugo attacked.

"Setting a trap seems like a good idea, Bakugo is so manly!" said Kirishima. "Isn't he! But Izuku's reflexes are very strong, he was able to react instantly and save the situation" said Mina. Most of the people in the watching room agreed with the duo. Izuku and Ochaco, who had escaped the first attack, were trying to pull themselves together and stick to their plan. Meanwhile, Bakugo was not pleased that Izuku had dodged his attack. He was seething with anger. He immediately intended to attack again, but Izuku anticipated his attack pattern, grabbed his attacking arm and threw him to the ground. Of course, while this was happening, they did not forget to argue among themselves.

After Izuku threw Bakugo to the ground, he started shouting something at Bakugo. His facial expression showed that he was about to cry. Meanwhile, Ochaco was standing on the sidelines. Ida was still standing guard over the fake bomb. "Momo, I'm not seeing wrong, am I? Or am I misinterpreting what I see? Are these two idiots arguing among themselves and expressing their feelings to each other?" Ikiru asked, sounding like he couldn't accept reality. "No, Ikki, you are not mistaken. Indeed, these two seem to forget to do the trial and fight. Maybe there's a relationship gone wrong between them?" said Momo, unsure at the end of her words.

By this time, everyone in the watching room had heard them. The class was staring at the screen in shock. All Might was having a hard time keeping a straight face. Meanwhile, Bakugo got up from the floor and attacked Izuku again. Ochaco, following Izuku's lead, didn't interfere in their fight and started running towards the location of the fake bomb. She quickly climbed the floors of the building and came to the room where the bomb was. Meanwhile, Bakugo and Izuku were still fighting. Bakugo was using his Quirk to create explosions, while Izuku was trying to dodge the attacks. No matter how hard he tried to dodge, he took many blows. His body was badly burned.

Some of the students in the watch room began to ask All Might if he should stop the trial. Because as far as they could see, the two sides were more focused on harming each other than trying to battle. Just then, Bakugo pointed a grenade at Izuku in his left hand, about to pull the pin. Izuku shouted and signalled to Ochaco. And Bakugo exploded his bomb. Izuku punched back. In the watch room, almost everyone was holding their breath, watching the scene unfold. Except for Ikiru, Momo, and All Might, everyone's expressions were tense.

After the mutual attacks, the balance of the trial changed. While Bakugo was attacking Izuku, Izuku's punch was aimed at the roof of the room they were in. With the force of his punch, the ceiling collapsed all the way to the room with the fake bomb. At Izuku's signal, Ochaco entered the room where the bomb was located, activated his Quirk at the same time as the floor and ceiling of the room collapsed, and used it to weightless the piles of rubble and attack Ida. As Ida dodged the incoming attacks, Ochaco made contact with the fake bomb. So it was the A team that won the battle trial.

The students in the watch room had different expressions on their faces. Because Izuku was severely injured and could barely stand, Bakugo, who had realised the direction of Izuku's attack, stood frozen in place on the ground floor. The right side of Izuku's body was badly burned. The building where the experiment had taken place was on the verge of collapse. Everyone was questioning why All Might had allowed this to happen, everyone except Momo and Ikiru. All Might immediately took action. He picked up Izuku before he fell to the ground, and took him to the recovery girl. Meanwhile, he consoled Bakugo, but Bakugo was still in shock. Ida, Ochaco, and Bakugo returned to the watch room.