Chapter 25 - Growing Up XVI

if you want to read advence 15+ chapters ahead and support me;

patreon.com/Dyspromen

*******

Mikasa participated in many social events in the following months. Under Levi's guidance, she formed connections that would benefit them in the future. Mikasa's beauty caused many men to be interested in her. Mikasa was very uncomfortable with this. Each time, she had to restrain herself from killing one of these men. Ikiru had not yet participated in any events. Because social events for his age group were usually held under the supervision of their parents. Although these events were often organised due to their social status, Levi had not yet deemed it appropriate for Ikiru to participate in these events. The reason he gave for this was "low-status events". The first event he attended was six months after their meeting about socialising.

The event Ikiru and Mikasa attended was I-island's annual fundraiser. Ikiru would be lying if he said he wasn't excited. They travelled to I-island by private jet leaving the mansion. Ikiru looked at the people he saw with interest as if it was his first time at the zoo. However, for the people who looked at him, he had a cold and aristocratic appearance. First impressions were very important for people. Ikiru had been trained in these matters for years. Even though Ikiru didn't want to, Mikasa forced him to hold her hand. So they attended the fundraiser. "Don't worry, my love, I will introduce you to a friend's child," Mikasa said. Ikiru was looking at the men who had been staring at his mother since they entered the hall where the event was to be held. He turned to Mikasa in surprise "Since when do you have a friend? And why don't I know that?" asked Ikiru.

"Haha, I didn't see that coming either. I've been to a few events with her, and Levi told me to talk to her. After we met, I discovered I had no trouble talking to her, so we became friends. What's the matter, love, are you jealous?" Mikasa said playfully. "Don't joke, Mika. I'm just surprised you didn't tell me sooner," Ikiru said, frowning. He turned back to look at the men staring at his mother. "I guess socialising is not for me," Ikiru whispered. Trying hard not to lash out at the men who were looking at his mother uncomfortably.

"Ahh, Mikasa it's good to see you again. You look great as always," Mayumi said as she hugged Mikasa. "Good to see you too Mayumi. You look great tonight too. Let me introduce you to my son," Mikasa said, ending the hug and pointing at Ikiru. "Hello, madam. I'm Ikiru Ackerman. Nice to meet you," Ikiru greeted Mayumi with a slight tilt of his head. "Ahh, what a handsome young man. You're very lucky, Mikasa. Hello Ikiru-kun, I'm Mayumi Yaoyorozu. I'd like you to meet my daughter," Mayumi said, stepping aside. "Hello, I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. Nice to meet you, Mikasa-san, Ikiru-san," Momo said, bowing her head slightly.

"Momo-chan is prettier than you said, Mayumi," Mikasa said, winking at Momo. "Isn't it? Anyway, come on Mikasa, I want to introduce you to some people. Ikiru-kun, is it okay if we split up for a bit?" asked Mayumi. "No problem. Have as much fun as you wish," Ikiru said, still looking at the men staring at his mother. After Ikiru answered, Mayumi took Mikasa's arm and led her away. Momo and Ikiru were left alone at the table, looking around. "Is this your first time in I-island, Ikiru-san?" Momo asked. "Yes. I've never left the grounds of our mansion before. This is the first time I'm coming to I-island," Ikiru said to Momo, who was looking at him with interest.

Momo was very surprised. "What do you mean? Have you never been outside before, Ikiru-san?" asked Momo. "You can call me by my name. Yes, I've never been outside before. My mum is a bit overprotective. Since I was home-schooled, I never needed to go out," Ikiru said, looking at the men who were still staring at his mother. "I see, you can call me by my name. My mum told me about you and your mum. I heard that you are very good at your studies," Momo said, still looking at Ikiru curiously. Her mother had told Momo that she should be friends with Ikiru. It was the first time Momo had heard such a request from her mother. That's why she was curious about Ikiru. "Learning is easy for me. When you work steadily, everything is easy. I wonder what your mother told you about me?" Ikiru said, this time he was the one who looked curious. "She didn't say much. She said you were a genius and that I should be friends with you," Momo answered honestly. Ikiru smiled "You are very honest, Momo. I've never had a friend before. I don't know how to be a friend, so let me tell you a little about myself. I have been studying hard since I was little. My favourite things are my mum and camping," Ikiru said.

When Ikiru had finished, he heard a voice saying, "It smells delicious, I'm so hungry...". When Ikiru heard this voice, he realised that he was about to be attacked by an evil spirit. Because he was talking to Momo, he couldn't look in the direction of the voice. He immediately commanded the Kitsune on Mikasa's shoulder. Since he had the Kitsune under his control, he could use his mind to communicate with it. As soon as the Kitsune received Ikiru's command, it leapt to the ceiling and turned to its full height. "Where is it? Where is the smell coming from?" said the cursed spirit. Meanwhile, "Don't worry, Ikiru. I don't have many friends either. I would be happy to be your first friend," Momo said with a smile.

Ikiru didn't want to waste any more time, "Sorry Momo, I need to use the bathroom. I'll be back soon, "he said. He started heading towards the bathroom. As he walked, he took his hand out of his pocket and opened his palm towards the ceiling of the hall. He looked at the ceiling as if he was interested in it. He knew that some people might look at him and pay attention to him. For this reason, he had to deceive those who looked at him from the outside. When Ikiru looked up at the ceiling, he saw the cursed spirit. This cursed spirit was the first humanoid spirit he had ever seen. It had two heads, four legs and two arms. It had eyes in its chest. Ikiru wasted no time and created powerful psychic slashes aimed at the spirit. The psychic slashes shot out of his palm and sliced the spirit in half. Kitsune swallowed the severed pieces of the cursed soul.

Ikiru immediately lowered his head and moved towards the bathroom. As he entered the bathroom, he sent a message to Levi and Mikasa. Ikiru and Mikasa's phones were specially made by Levi. These phones were connected to Levi's special satellite. They could connect and communicate anywhere in the world without any trouble. Ikiru washed his hands and came out of the bathroom and went back to Momo. "Sorry Momo, I kept you waiting," Ikiru said. "No problem, Ikiru," Momo said, smiling at Ikiru. Ikiru and Momo chatted for the rest of the event. Mikasa and Mayumi joined them shortly after Ikiru returned from the bathroom.

Towards the end of the event, the foursome headed back to their hotel. "How was your night, darling? Did you like Momo and Mayumi?" Mikasa asked Ikiru. "Momo is too naive and gullible. Mayumi is a wiser woman because of her age. But it bothered me that they both pretended to be unaware of the realities of the world. Due to social status, rich people have access to more information. I know that the Yaoyorozu family has enough wealth to access this information. That's why I was disturbed by their naive behaviour. Other than that, I enjoyed chatting with them," Ikiru said as he took off his clothes. On the occasion of the fundraiser for I-island, they were going to stay on the island for two more days and sightsee.

"I thought you were the one who advocated socialising among us? Haha, you shouldn't expect other people to be as passionate and goal-oriented as us. I was uncomfortable with that at first too. As you communicate more, you'll realise that most people are more relaxed at these events. For these people, these events are a means of entertainment. That's why they leave their seriousness aside and focus more on the fun," Mikasa said as she pulled Ikiru onto the bed and hugged him. "I understand, Mika. But I don't think most people understand what their behaviour can lead to," Ikiru said as he remembered the task he had given the Kitsune.

At the event, some of the men had taken an interest in Mikasa and tried to strike up a conversation with her. Ikiru did not like the look in these men's eyes. He could not do anything to spoil his public image. However, Ikiru was not a child who could be disturbed by anyone. Ikiru had ordered the Kitsune to feed on the emotions of the men who had disturbed Mikasa. Not during the event, of course, but tonight those men would have the worst night of their lives. A person haunted by an evil spirit would develop many forms of disturbance. In addition to psychological effects, physical ailments were also included thanks to the power of the Kitsune. Ikiru's order to the Kitsune was, "Do not kill, but maim." These men's sex life was over after that night. "Ahh, my baby is jealous of me! How sweet!" said Mikasa, burying Ikiru in her breasts. "The evil spirit attack tonight was very unlucky. It ruined our night," Mikasa said, remembering the message Ikiru had sent her. She was flustered when she received the message. But with Mayumi by her side, she couldn't act quickly.