Chapter 35 - Entrance Arc III

I hope you enjoy reading it. Don't be shy to give your opinions, review and fire up the power stone. I would appreciate it if you support the novel.

if you want to read 15+ chapters ahead and support me;

patreon.com/Dyspromen

*******

As the entrance exam was going on, U.A. teachers and staff were watching the performance of the participants from the observation tower. The so-called watchtower was big enough to accommodate many people and had enough screens to show all the individual participants in the exam. In the tower, the U.A. teachers were talking among themselves. They were watching and analysing potential students. "We have a pretty good generation this year," said one of the teachers. "There are a lot of strong Quirk owners," said another. Meanwhile, Nezu unleashed the robot with 0 points. The teachers fell silent and watched the scenes unfold on the screen.

Izuku jumped up and punched the robot in the head. "This kid can't even control his Quirk. Even though his Quirk is powerful, the damage to his body makes him more of a rescue than a hero in the field," said Shota Aizawa (Eraser Head). "Come on Shota, I'm sure we can train him," said Hizashi Yamada (Present Mic) and continued, "Besides, the other guy is so good!" he said excitedly. "He's more than good. I've had my eye on him since the beginning of the exam. He has great control over his Quirk. He's very brave, and he fights almost perfectly," said Nemuri Kayama (Midnight). With Midnight's pointing, everyone focused on Ikiru.

Most of the people in the room had already noticed Ikiru. His performance had stood out from the very beginning of the exam. "Ikiru Ackermen, Quirk: Telekinesis. He has a great Quirk. But more remarkable is his control over his Quirk. Flying is a very difficult skill. And judging by how successful he is, he must have been working on it since a young age," said Nezu. "Too strong for his age, the 0-point robot weighs hundreds of tonnes. As he slows the robot's fall, it looks as comfortable as if it was nothing to him" said Higari Maijima (Power Loader). Meanwhile, the scene of Ikiru raising his left hand towards the zero-pointer was playing on the screen. "I'm more interested in his handsomeness," Midnight said flirtatiously. No one took her seriously.

Meanwhile, All Might was looking anxiously at his unconscious heir on the screen. He hadn't scored any points during the whole exam. However, All Might knew that he had passed the exam. In the entrance exam, it was not only the score of the participants that was taken into consideration but also their help to others. Izuki Midoriya received the highest rescue points in the exam by neutralising the 0 scorers. All Might looked at the other boy on the screen. The boy was very strong, and talented. Not only did he get the highest score in the exam. When he could have scored more points, he took a break from scoring points to help others. After Izuku, he had the most rescue points. "By the way, Midnight, Ikiru is engaged!" said Nezu with a smile. Midnight had just taken a sip of her coke when she heard Nezu. She spat out the coke she drank.

"Nezu, you shouldn't investigate the private life of students," said All Might, but he was shocked. "No, no, I didn't investigate Ikiru in private, I wouldn't have known if he wasn't engaged to one of the recommended students," Nezu said denying it. "Wait a minute, the name Ackerman sounds familiar. Isn't it the family that moved to the country ten years ago and became one of the richest?" said Snipe, hitting the bull's eye. "Not only handsome but rich too?" said Midnight, again ignored by everyone. "Did the recommended student get accepted? Because it can't be argued that Ikiru will be in class 1-A, and he shouldn't be in the same class as his fiancée," said Aizawa.

"Yes, Momo Yaoyorozu was also accepted. They will still be in the same class. Although their situation is private, it was Momo's parents who brought up the engagement to me during counselling. They said that her fiancé would also be attending U.A., so they wanted them to share the same class. But Ikiru had neither been recommended nor completed the entrance exam at that time. So I was a little surprised by their confidence. I said I would think about it, but I agreed with Aizawa. Then what happened next made me change my mind. Many heroes wanted to recommend Ikiru, just to curry favour with his family. Out of curiosity, I contacted his family, but the answer surprised me. They said they were not interested, and that Ikiru wanted to take the practical exam. So I succumbed to my curiosity and did some research. But the family is very skilled at hiding their information, so I was detected. They called me and said that they were not bothered by what I did, but they wanted something in return. They wanted Ikiru to share a class with his fiancée. I told them that I would approve their request if he came top in the exam," Nezu said with a smile.

"Damn, the children of the two richest families in Japan are engaged? When did this happen?" asked Midnight curiously. Nezu was about to answer Midnight when All Might asked, "Does the boy know about his family's request?" Hearing this, Nezu's smile grew. "The person I met with from the Ackermans was called Levi. When I told him my requirement for accepting their request, he said, 'Ikiru Ackerman is taking the exam to win, not to compete,' and ended the call. At the time, I didn't understand why these two powerful families had such confidence in this boy, but after seeing his performance, it all made sense. The boy could have easily entered A.U. by using his family connections. But he chose to perform," Nezu said with a smile that split his face in two.

"I like him more," said Midnight. She finally got a reaction from someone. "Nemuri, it's not funny. The boy is half your age..." said Present Mic. But he couldn't finish because there was a whip coming at him. All Might was lost in thought. He did not regret his choice of heir. The boy had the most important instinct a hero should have. However, he couldn't help but compare Ikiru and Izuku. Izuku had too many flaws. Quirk wasn't a problem thanks to OFA, but the character was a big problem. "I still think they should be in different classes," Aizawa said. Nezu nodded and said he would not go back on his word. With the entrance exam over, the teachers busied themselves with their work. Meanwhile, Ikiru had already left the U.A. campus and met Mikasa, Momo and Levi who were waiting for him.

They took the waiting limousine back to the Ackerman mansion. Ikiru filled them in on how he did on the exam. "Disappointing for me, all of them are useless except for a few with potential. It is even more disturbing that not one of them realises what they are in for," Ikiru said. He examined most of the participants in the battle centre where he had been during the exam. There were so many participants wasting their time, even though they knew they were taking the exam, that it was disturbing to watch. Only a few understood the logic of the exam. During the exam, Ikiru questioned whether there were ways to get the hero's licence faster. If he didn't have his reasons for entering this school, he certainly wouldn't have wasted his time with these idiots. A week later, Levi entered the dining room with a letter from the U.A. in his hand.

"Congratulations Ikiru," Levi said as he took the letter from his other body and handed it to Ikiru. Ikiru took the letter with a sigh and opened it. There was a small projector falling from the letter. The projector showed All Might's video about the exam results. Ikiru was more interested in the registration document that came out of the letter than the content. After reading it, he handed it to Mikasa. "Make the necessary preparations. I will continue training," Ikiru said. The enrolment document had a list of things needed for school. Levi nodded in agreement. Mikasa took out her phone and called Mayumi. She confirmed that Ikiru was in the same class as Momo and pretended to be happy. She could have learnt this from Levi, but she had to maintain her relationship with Mayumi.

A week later, Ikiru and Momo were standing at the door of class 1-A. Momo was the first to enter the classroom. Since it was the first day, many people arrived early. Yuga Aoyama, Mina Ashido, Denki Kaminari, Katsuki Bakugo and so on... When Momo entered the classroom, all eyes turned to her. Momo was much more beautiful since she started training with Ikiru. This added to her existing beauty, which was nine points out of ten. Of course, this resulted in some of the boys in the class looking at her with hungry eyes. Momo was 5'9", as tall as a fashion model. She was taller than most people in the class. This was something that attracted the boys. Just as they were engrossed in lustful thoughts, Momo smiled and walked out of the doorway. Those in the class saw who was standing behind Momo when she withdrew.

This time all eyes turned to Ikiru. Ikiru, who slowly entered the classroom, was not smiling. He was looking at Denki, Hanta Sero and Tenya Ida, who were looking at Momo with lust. "Good morning," he said in a cold voice as he released a little killing intent. Momo immediately took Ikiru's arm and led them to their designated seats. Silence descended on the classroom. Everyone was uneasy with Ikiru's gaze. Denki, Hanta and Tenya were sweating coldly and averting their eyes from Ikiru. Bakugo and Shoto were looking at Ikiru with frowns. Ikiru sat at seat number twenty in the back left corner of the classroom. Momo sat in front of him at seat number nineteen. As they sat down, whispers rose in the classroom. Tenya, who was arguing with Bakugo, returned to his seat and sat down. After a short while, Izuki entered the classroom. Trembling, he walked over and sat on the eighteenth seat behind Bakugo. Then, Ochaco appeared at the classroom door with Aizawa behind her. "I am your homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. Follow me quietly. I don't want to waste time," said Aizawa.