Chapter 16 - Growing Up VII

if you want to read advence 15+ chapters ahead and support me;

patreon.com/Dyspromen

*******

After the fall of All For One, the Ackerman family gathered for a meeting. They were sitting in front of the big screen in the mansion's cave. Levi was next to the screen, explaining current events to Mikasa and Ikiru. Ikiru sat alone in a chair, drinking the chocolate milk Mikasa had prepared for him. Mikasa wanted Ikiru to sit on her lap, but Ikiru wanted to sit alone. Mikasa sat right next to Ikiru and refused to break their skin-to-skin contact.

"I believe that in the foreseeable future, with recent events, the AFO's influence on society will be lost. In the medium term, society will be under the illusion of peace and prosperity. It is very possible that AFO will spend this time healing and waiting for All Might to lose its power," Levi said, pointing to the images on the screen. Images of All Might and AFO during the battle played on the screen. Their wounds and Levi's diagnoses of the wounds were shown in detail on the screen. Levi continued after a short pause so that they could understand what he was saying.

"This situation is in our favour. It has created the necessary time for Ikiru to grow and develop. However, we can't stop there," Levi said, but Ikiru interrupted him before he could finish his sentence. "Let me guess. If All Might lose its power in the future, the illusion of peace will be shattered and we'll be back in times of war, right?" said Ikiru. Levi nodded in agreement with Ikiru. "That's right, well done Ikiru. You're getting smarter every day. Even if we ignore All Might's disability, the social structure will likely collapse in the next twenty years. The existing system is not based on a social movement but on the coercion of those in power. For this reason, the current order is doomed to collapse," said Levi.

After Levi finished, Mikasa spoke for the first time since entering the cave. "We are already at an advantage with the presence of Ikiru. However, we can no longer act as before. Ikiru and I are the only ones left in our clan. The next war will determine our future, so I think we should join the war. What do you suggest, Levi, what should we do?" asked Mikasa. "For the continuity of the clan, my first suggestion would be to get pregnant again. But I know you won't agree to that, so let's hope that peace is kept until Ikiru is fourteen. As for the war, we will have to join the war. I need data to calculate how long All Might can continue with his injury. So, it's too early to plan," Levi said.

In the first half of Levi's speech, Mikasa was about to tear Levi apart. Fortunately, Ikiru had held Mikasa's hand at the right time. By the time Levi resumed his speech, Mikasa was completely flushed and looking at Ikiru with desire. Ikiru sighed and stroked Mikasa's head. Since his body was not as developed, he was not as full of desire as Mikasa. But he would satisfy his mother's needs. "I disagree with you, Levi. We have enough data to make our plans. Since, certainly, we cannot side with the AFO, our position is clear. But that shouldn't be our main course of action. The disaster that the fall of All Might will bring will also create many opportunities," Ikiru said.

Levi was proud of his student. Ikiru couldn't think of anything Levi couldn't think of. Levi was not just a so-called artificial intelligence. The things Ikiru hinted at were things he had already thought and planned. Levi had become more manipulative over the years, and Ikiru was gently pushing him to improve. "Enlighten me?" Levi smiled. Ikiru sighed.

"While it is true that the system of heroes and villains will be destroyed, it is not because of the current system, but rather because of society's perspective. Since society has been forced into this system, it is already having difficulty adapting. The discrimination against people with mutant Quirks is the most obvious example of this. Let's not forget that Quirk is called 'Meta Ability'. By committing suicide, Destro has increased the weight of his ideas on society. This means that the coming revolution is interrupted by the presence of All Might and rises again with the fall of All Might. However, the presence of the AFO will also prevent us from siding with the revolutionaries. That leaves us with only one option. Am I correct, teacher?" Ikiru said, rolling his eyes at the end of his sentence. He knew Levi was testing him at every turn. Mikasa started to applaud Ikiru when he finished, then hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"As I expected from my student! Exactly, our place is with the heroes. As you say, the system of heroes and villains is not in itself the cause of the coming revolution. But there is one point where you are wrong. We can side with the revolutionaries if we want to. But it would be to our detriment. It's very possible that All Might will pass on his One For All Quirk. When I learnt the truth about All Might's Quirk, I did some research. The result of my findings is that All Might is the 6th or 8th user of OFA," Levi said, and Ikiru interrupted him again before he could finish his speech.

"This means that when All Might transfer his Quirk, the OFA will be transformed due to the 'Quirk Singularity'. You're being hard on me, Levi, as always. You ask me to make predictions even in matters where my knowledge is insufficient," Ikiru said, frowning. "I have to do this, Ikiru. I have to make sure you can make the right decisions even in unpredictable situations. You are the future of our clan. We don't know who will be the next user of the OFA, what are your predictions for this situation?" Levi asked Ikiru.

Ikiru sighed again, he knew Levi was right. Being smart and cool-headed didn't mean you could make the right decisions. You had to have more than that to be a leader.

"Isn't it obvious? Even though we don't know how the OFA was transmitted, using the data we have, it's easier to find the answer than I'd like. Let's take the first appearance of the Quirk, and given the OFA Quirk's connection to All For One, we can conclude that the Quirk was transmitted on certain occasions over a period of a hundred years or so. Considering the repeated transmission, we can conclude that the transmission is determined by the user. These conclusions allow us to draw some inferences about All Might's transfer of the OFA. All Might's actions and beliefs help us to understand certain characteristics of the subsequent OFA user. So it is very likely that the next OFA user will be someone who will be called a 'Hero'. Therefore, if we are among the revolutionaries, it is very likely that we will have to fight him. Considering that OFA will be transformed due to the Quirk Singularity, the risk of fighting the next OFA user is higher than the other option. Now that you've got the answer you wanted, I'm going back to my training," Ikiru said, not waiting for Levi's response.

Levi was ecstatic. Ikiru's deductions were the same as his. Being able to make the same deductions as the AI spoke volumes about Ikiru's intelligence. "As expected of our little genius. His development is truly dazzling. With the level he will reach in his adolescence, it will not matter where we are located," Levi said to himself, alone in the cave. When Ikiru returned to the mansion, Mikasa followed him.

By the time the meeting was over, it was already dark. Ikiru went into the forest of the manor. He sat cross-legged in the air, in the light of the stars shining in the sky. Around him, ten-tonne circular weights that Levi had prepared were floating in the air. He could lift five of them without breaking a sweat. His goal for the day was to rotate all five weights around him in a way that would mimic the solar system. He wanted them not only to revolve around him but also to rotate on their axis. This was his concentration training on the objects he used his telekinesis on.

Mikasa was lounging on a deck chair at the edge of the training area, watching Ikiru. Her son's level of strength amazed her every time she saw him. The weight he could lift with his telekinesis was incredible. Knowing that it was nowhere near Ikiru's limit lessened the impact of his achievement, but made the height of his potential blinding. Mikasa had been in love with Ikiru since birth. Over time, this love grew from that of a child to that of a boy who would become her lover. As Mikasa watched Ikiru's performance in the cave, she alternated between being proud of her son and admiring the boy she was in love with. She knew that what she had done and what she would do in the future was taboo and wrong. But she didn't care. She had long ago accepted that she was crazy. Mikasa had already passed the point where she could let Ikiru go. Seeing Ikiru support her love was turning her on even more.

There was no doubt that Ikiru was a genius. It was impossible for him not to realise that Mikasa's love and desire for him was a taboo act, abhorred by society. But even if he knew it was so, he seemed to accept Mikasa's wishes. This was the truth you would believe if you ignored the fact that he had been guided to this preference since he was a baby. Mikasa couldn't see it because she was crazy. For Levi, on the other hand, it was as clear as daylight.