un

I take my suitcase and go to the exit of the airport in Nice. It was a terrible ride, who would have thought a short flight would take so long? 

When I exit the airport I seethe a taxi I called already in front of the door. He's on his phone and when he looks up he sees me with my bags. He waves and smiles and I step towards him.

"Bonjourmadame, je suis Fabio. Donnez vos bagages et asseyez-vous à l'arrière. My French was okay, but I didn't understand any of it. Before I could say that I didn't understand what he said he already saw on my face that I didn't understand.

"Give me your suitcase." He says and opens the door for me behind the passenger seat. I nod and hand him my suitcase. When he has put my suitcase in the trunk I'm sitting in the car. He asks me the location when he is in the car too and I give it to him.

 After a 40-minute drive, I am at the apartment that used to belong to my grandfather and I give the taxi driver the money. I get out of the car and grab my suitcase. 

When the taxi driver drove away I look around me. You can see the sea. It's fantastic. The sun is already half down and it is not cold at all. Perfect weather and even more magical than I imagined. 

I turn around and open the door of the entrance hall and I see 3 people talking to each other. I can tell by the tone it's French. They are 3 young men with whom you can see that they are related.

The smallest has blond hair with blue eyes. The person next to him is the oldest of the three and also has brown hair but brown eyes. And the last one in front of the blond man has brown hair and beautiful green eyes. I'm not going to lie, they didn't look bad. 

When my phone rings, they all look at me. I press my lips into a thin line and give a small smile as I look straight at the men. They nod and continue their conversation. I grab my phone and see that Isa is calling me. 

I go to the elevator. When I'm in the elevator I answer. "Ya llegaste?" (Have you arrived?) Isa asks without saying hello. "Hola a ti también, y sí, acabo de subir alascensor". (Hello to you too, and yes I just got on the elevator) I press the button for the 3rd floor when Isa says hello. 

'Solo te llamé rápidamente para ver si estabas allí,todavía en el trabajo. No olvides ir al restaurante mañana a las 7 am, teenviaré la dirección nuevamente para estar seguro'. (Just called quickly to see if you were there, I'm still at work. Don't forget to go to the restaurant tomorrow at 7 am, I'll send you the address again just to be sure.) "Lo sé, estaré allí". (I know, I'll be there.

I hang up and get off the elevator when I'm on the right floor. I grab my keys, open the door and look around the house when the door is closed. It looks beautiful.

Maybe now you want to know something about me. I'm Emily Diamond, I'm half Spanish and half Belgian. My father is Spanish and I have been there since I was 18. 

I went to Belgium to study, I was brought up perfectly bilingual so that was no problem. I've always had a great life. My parents were great and so was my brother. But recently my mother has dementia. 

They moved to Monaco a year ago so that my mom could have peace. And now I moved to Monaco to be closer to her and to do as much as possible with her. The doctors don't know how long it will take until she forgets everything. 

My mom is and was an important person in my life, I hate to see her lose her memory because I know deep down she is so scared but does not want to tell us.

When I unload my bags and have eaten what I bought at the airport, I put on my pajamas and lie down on the bed in my room. It doesn't take me long to fall asleep.