Vingt-et-un

'They say everything is fine and that he is awake. But they still have to do some tests when he wakes up because he had pressure on his spine.' I hear everybody breathe out in relief and I look at Carlos and I see tears in his eyes. 

Carlos looks at me and says thank you without any sound. I nod to him and I give the doctor information to Charles. 'This is all the information you need, if you want to discuss something this is the doctor you need to call or ask for.' Charles nods and looks at the paper. 

'If you have any doubts or don't understand anything and you feel weird asking someone. You can always call me, you have my number.' He looks at me and nods. 'Thank you, really for everything.' I give him a warm smile and I nod. 'Lucas has to stay in the observation room for a few hours so please go home and take a shower. All of you.' I look at all of them. They nod and I look at Isa. 

She smiles at me and I look back at them. 'Don't be afraid to call okay, bye guys.' They all say bye except for Alex but I just ignore it. Isa and I walk to my locker room. 'Are you okay?' 'I'm fine, it's a normal day for me but seeing the worry in their eyes made me scared.' 

'Is he going to be fine?' I look at Isa and give her a thinking look. 'He will live that's all it matters. But they know there is a chance he might be parlayed for life. But the doctors have to do some tests.' Isa nods and I see she wants to tell me something. 

'Is there something you want to say?' 'I get that you don't want to talk about it but Alex can't scream at you like that.' I sigh and I'm not in the mood for this right now. 'Let me change and then we can go to my home okay?' She nods but I see that she is not done with this conversation.

------------------------------------------------

When I put the bowl of pasta on the table I sit down and see Isa pour her a glass of wine. 'So how is your mom.' She asks when I put the food on her plate. 'She's doing good actually, and her check-up was also good so I'm happy.' I smile at her but I can see that she wants to say something differently. 

I put my food on my plate and start eating. 'Alex has had anger issues for a long time, did you know that?' I look confused at her and shake my head in a no. 'I didn't' 

'Well, he has had it under control for like 7 years but today he lost it again.' I nod and understand it now what Isa wanted to say at the hospital. And I get now where all that anger came from, I broke something in him and it made him lose control. But I feel I pressed a spot in him that I still don't know what it is that made him lose control. 

'How was it seeing Charles again.' I snap right out of my thoughts when I hear his name and look at Isa. 'I don't know- It was weird but he was polite. We did not talk about anything else so yeah not much.' Isa nods and I know she sees that I still have feelings for him. 'It's good you gave him space, maybe he wants to talk to you later.' 'I don't know and I'm planning on avoiding him, he is there for Lucas and his priority should be with Lucas, not our drama.' 

Isa only nods when I talk. 'Do you love him?' I look at her and we both know the answer to that but I think she is asking me this to admit this to myself out loud. And I nod. 'Yes, I still do. I know I have only known him for like 5 months and so much has happened in that time but I do.' Isa smiles at me and starts eating her food.

We have a fun night, we talk a lot and watch movies. We also called Lando because he is in England for some car things they had to do before the next GP. And Isa had decided to sleep at my apartment tonight. 

I was scrolling in my phone when Isa was already sleeping and saw I got a message.

Carlos: Thanks for being there for me! It means a lot to me.

Emily: Always, if you need anything I'm here for you! X

I put my phone away but saw my phone lighting up again after 5 minutes and I picked it up, expecting it to be Carlos but It was not Carlos.

Charles: Thank you for today, can I call you tomorrow?