cinq

It's 9 o'clock in the morning when there is a knock on my door. I put one last bite of my cheese sandwich in my mouth and walk to the door. 

I open the door, I see Isa standing in front of me with a bag with a bakery logo on it. 'Lo siento, no respondí, estaba tan cansada que dormímucho y mi teléfono estaba en silencio. Pero como gracia salvadora, traje unosdeliciosos croissants.' (Sorry I didn't answer, I was so tired I just sleptsuper long and my phone was on silent. But as a sorry gift, I brought somenice croissants.) She says with a sorry face. 

I let her in and close the door behind her. 'It's okay. It actually went much better than expected.' "Tell me everything." she says when she takes a croissant out of the bag and takes a bite. 

We sit down on the couch and I start telling her about the whole evening. "Alex walked you home?" she asks surprised. 

'Yes, just so that nothing would happen.' 'Em-Monaco is super safe. He clearly wanted to spend more time with you.' I shrugged but started to doubt. Would Isa be right or was he just doing it to make me feel more comfortable with him?

Before she can ask anything else I tell her. "Other subject please."Isa rolls her eyes. 'Okay then, how is your mom? Have you seen her already?' 

I nod 'Yes, yesterday. Everything is fine, she had a good day. She had forgotten who you were, but otherwise okay.' Isa looks fake sad because she forgot her but I know that she understands. 

'How do you feel, everything okay with everything?' I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, it's just really hard for me to see her forget so many things." 

Isa gives me a hug and then takes my hand. 'Everything will be fine. Always, it'll be fine.' she says with a compassionate look on her face. 

Isa had suggested we watch a movie together so I would not think about it. We watched Me Before You because we felt like crying and we did. A lot. 

______________________________________

The day was okay, we watched a lot of movies and didn't really go outside. When it was evening we felt Chinese so we ordered Chinese. It was 12 o'clock and where lying next to Isa in bed and a lamp was on so that I could still see her a bit. 

We had been talking in bed for an hour. When Isa is talking about her trip to Mexico I interrupt her because I was constantly thinking about it while she told her story. "Do you also think Charles has the most beautiful eyes you've ever seen in your life?" 

Isa stops talking and looks at me in surprise. "What did you just say?" 

"Do you also think Charles has the most beautiful eyes you've ever seen in your life?" 'Um- I don't know I never really pay attention to that, really. Why- WAIT OMFG do you like Charles?' I look at her in surprise and shake my head. 

"No, no—I just noticed." "SUREEEEE, you think he's handsome, don't you." I swallow and don't really know what to say. 

'He's not ugly, no, but I'm not in love.' Isa laughs and I look at her confused. "Just let's sleep."

"No-no, I was just laughing. If you say no then I believe you.' I nod and don't talk about it all evening. 

"I have decided to apply for a job at the hospital in Monaco. I'm going to e-mail them tomorrow.' "That's great Em, I hope you get it." 'I hope so too.' I say a little nervous.

A/N: Sorry it was a bit short. I would like to thank you all on Wattpad and TikTok. 283 have already read my story and I already have more than 1K likes on Tiktok. I am so grateful to all of you x