trois

'Are you going to leave soon or will you stay in Monaco for a while?' Isa asks when she puts a piece of fish in her mouth. I drink my water and look at her. 

'No, I intend to stay. For my mother, I plan to find a job here myself.' Isa looks at me in surprise. 'Wow, I didn't expect that.' "I've thought about it a lot and I think I should do something." She nods in understanding.

'I think it's very brave, but no worries, I'm also staying here for a few weeks for a job, so you've got me.' I smile and take a bite of my piece of meat. 

'Where?' I shrug my shoulders. 'I don't really know yet. I just want to be with her and that's the most important thing to me. It's just so hard since that diagnosis that the reality is so painful.' 

Isa looks at me compassionately and takes my hand. 'She's a strong woman, and I'm sure she'll get the most out of life.' Before I know it I shed a tear and look at her gratefully. 

After eating we paid and went to my apartment, Isa told me all about the things she had experienced at work. Isa is a model, influencer and she has her own podcast. It's good to have a good friend again who I can talk to. Those are hard to find lately because the last one kissed my boyfriend behind my back. 

We have a great evening and had a lot to tell. She also stayed over and I've had so much fun in such a long time. When it is noon and Isa had to go to work, I decided to go to my mother's.

When I put the key I got in the door and open the door I hear the TV playing. I close the door behind me and see my mother and father on the sofa and both watching TV. 

"Hey" I say with a smile when I see them. My mother looks at me beaming and goes straight to me for a hug. "Hey Emily, so glad you're here." I give her a big hug back and then my dad too. We all sit on the couch and my mother turns off the TV. 

"How was your flight?" 'Terrible, my flight was delayed and I had to wait hours for my suitcase. But I'm glad I'm here now and have a little more time with you.' 'Don't you feel a little too alone? Have you made friends yet?' 'Well, Isa will also stay here for a few weeks.' My mother looks at me thinking and I can see from her face that she doesn't know who it is. 

Before she can ask, my father says. 'Honey, that used to be our girl next door. Who's older than Emily.' She nods confused and I feel like someone has punched me in the stomach. I was and am always afraid of this. 

After her confusion, everything went well and we had a good conversation. Before I knew it we were already 4 hours away and I was going home when I met Alexander with Carlos and Lando on the street. 

"Hey Emily." Lando says with a big smile at me and he waves. I wave back and walk towards them. 'Hey, we're just going to Charles' boat. Are you coming? We haven't asked Isabel yet, but we were planning to.' 'Um yeah that's okay otherwise, I'll call her. If you give me the address, I can change my clothes first.' I was standing on the street with not really summer clothes, when I went to my parents it was much colder than now. 

"Give me your number and I'll forward it." Alexander says before Lando can say anything. I grab my phone and give him my number. 'Is it swimming too, because then I know whether I should take a towel with me.' "Just to be sure take it with you." Lando says as they begin to walk further and head for the coast. 

I run to my apartment and call Isa. "God damn it, Isa." When the phone goes to voicemail I decide to leave a message. 'Yes Isa with me, Lando has asked to go to Charles' boat. Please come too otherwise this is going to be way too weird. Come as soon as possible and call me back.' I lay down and take everything and quickly put on something nice. It's not long before I'm out the door and following google maps to the location.