quatre

When I arrive at the location I see Alexander talking to Charles on the boat. Before I can say anything they have already seen me and given a signal to come to them. 

"Hey." I say when I walk over to them and put my hair in a ponytail. "Hey, the others are grabbing the food we ordered" Charles says with a glass of water in his head. 

I felt so uncomfortable in this whole situation, I didn't know anyone and I didn't really know what to do. Normally I'm very social but now it's completely different and I don't know why. 

Before I could make an attempt to strike up a conversation, Alexander spoke first. "How long have you been in Monaco?" He asks when he has just taken a sip of his beer. "About 3 days." 

"She lives a few floors below me and Arthur." Charles says additionally when he looks at Alexander. I nod and feel the weirdness coming up again. "You don't have to be tense. You belong now.' he says with a wink. Before I could ask what 'you belong' meant, I heard Lando calling my name.

"EMILYYYYYY." I turn around and take some food out of his hand. 'Thank you.' 

__________________________

Everyone is eating on the boat and it is actually quite fun. I feel much more at ease and get along with everyone. After the boys, Max, Kelly, and Carla joined us. Apparently Max was also an F1 driver and Kelly was his girlfriend. And Carla is Arthur's girlfriend.

Isa never called or sent me a message back while I have called and sent it at least 3 messages. But Lando and I did have a lot of conversations and I got on well with him. I learned that he was also half Belgian, but that he was not raised bilingual like me. His accent when he tried to speak Dutch was hilarious. 

The evening was quite fun and by 2 am everyone was gone. When Lando and Carlos left last, me and Charles were alone on the boat. Alexander too, but he was sleeping in one of the rooms. 

"I'll help clean up." I say when I take some glasses of beer from the table when Charles does the same. "Merci." I did not expect that accent to be so hot but it is hot. I thought British accent's were hot but his French accent was even better and I felt hot again. I was kinda mad at myself because when I'm around him I begin to blush.

 When I put away all the glasses and cleaned up the bar on the boat, we hadn't said a word to each other. "I hope you don't feel uncomfortable when I'm around?" I look at him in surprise and confusion. I did not expect him to talk to me.

"I don't know, I just think you feel a little uncomfortable with me." 'No not at all. I just thought I don't want to disturb your conversations with Alexander the whole night.' Charles nods and puts the pizza boxes in the bin. 

When everything is done I grab my bag and my coat. "Thanks for letting me come." 'That's no problem beautiful, you're always welcome. Now that you're in Monaco you could use some friends.' He says as he winks at me. And then I almost lost it, I knew that Charles saw me blushing- Beautiful... Was that a Monaco thing? Did he say that to every girl friends of his? My head was spinning but I acted like nothing happened.

I nod and try to hide my face. We kiss each other on the cheek as a goodbye gesture after I became calm. I pull my head back and for some reason, I keep staring into his blue eyes and I feel my cheeks heat up more and more. But not for long because I see Alexander coming up from one of the bedrooms. 

'Wow, has everyone left already?' "You shouldn't have drunk so much." Says Charles as he turns to Alexander. Alexander rolls his eyes and then looks at me in surprise. 'You are still here.' 

"Yes, I helped Charles clean up, but I'm leaving now." 'If you want I can come along for a while, you never know what can happen' I nod 'Yes is good.' Once I was almost assaulted when I was just walking home so I didn't think it was a bad thing Alexander would come with me.

When I get off the boat and check my phone I hear some talking between the guys but I can't really hear much because they are too far and it's in French. I don't have to wait long as Alexander and I walk to my apartment. 

"How did you end up in Monaco?" Alexander asks interested. 

This is what I was already afraid of, I don't feel like telling people about my mom because I don't want them to feel sorry for me or her. But I don't want to lie to him either. He looks like a nice person so I tell a little of the truth. 

'My grandfather has always had an apartment here and my parents also moved here a few years ago. I want to be closer to them.' I say when I bite my nails. I always have to do something with my fingers when I'm nervous.

"Were you born here?" I ask before he can ask or say anything else. 'Yes, my mother is from Monaco but my father is from Italy. Charles and I have been best friends since we were 3.' "Must be really nice to have your best friend in your life for so long." I say with a little jealousy.

"Yes really, he is super important to me, and also a bonus that I can go to his races for free." He says with a grin on his face. I nod and don't say anything. "Do you watch F1?" He asks when we cross the street. 

'My brother used to do that and I watched it once, but otherwise, I don't.' I say honestly. "And studies?" He asks immediately after my answer.

'I graduated as a nurse. And you, what did you study?' "I studied business so that I could take over my father's business." "Wow, what kind of business?" I ask interested when I look at him and he runs his fingers through his hair to put it right. 

"He has several restaurants." When we walk further to my apartment he tells me about his family's business that has been around for a long time. 

After 10 minutes we arrive and I continue to listen until he has finished talking. "Thanks for coming along." 'No problem.' 

We give each other a hug and I almost go inside. Right in front of the door I turn around and see that Alexander has not moved and is still standing where he stood 1 minute ago. He looks at me with a smile and I give him a smile back. "Bye Alexander." I say as I wave again. 

'Please, Alex. My friends call me Alex.' I nod and say "Bye Alex." "Bye Emily." 

I turn around and go to the elevator. When I look outside again, he's already gone.

A/N: Hey, I just wanted to say that I recently got a tiktok account for the story. I'm making some little POVs about the story there and it would be nice if you could check it out. Also on the account, I make tiktoks about Charles's Pov so if you want to see more about the story then definitely check it out. My tiktok name is the same as that of Wattpad xx