onze

It's 5:50 pm and I'm pretty nervous. Alex is pretty sweet and we've been able to talk a lot the last few days but I'm still very nervous. Yesterday's moments with Charles also keep haunting me, I couldn't sleep and I still think about it when I put on my earrings and lipstick. We almost kissed- or I think so because my eyes were closed, I don't know...

I wanted to wear something beautiful but also comfy. So I chose 1 of my favorite dresses. A black dress with red flowers on it. And my favorite neckless.

I hear a knock on my door when I'm done with my lipstick. I grab my bag and open the door. 

Alex is wearing white jeans with a blue T-shirt.

"Hey." He says with a broad smile. "Hey." I say a little shyly. 'You look beautiful.' I blush and look down. 'Ready to go?' I look back and nod. "Shit, keys first." I quickly grab my keys from the kitchen table and close the door behind me when we're in the hallway. 

We enter the elevator and Alex presses the button. We continue to talk and I immediately feel at ease. 

As we arrive on the ground floor and enter the entrance hall of the apartment complex I see Lando, Carlos, Charles, and Max. They are watching a video on a telephone. 

FUCK, there went my plan of keeping the evening a little secret. I wanted to pass them quietly so maybe they would not see us. "Oh hey, guys." Says Alex before I can run away which I want to do so badly. 

They all look straight at us and move their eyes from me to Alex and back. Without hesitating Lando comes closer to me. "Can I have a word with you, Em?" Lando asks, he takes my hand gently and moves a little further away so no one can hear us. 

"Do you like Alex?" I shake my head. 'No, we're just going out for dinner to get to know each other a little better and celebrate my job. Nothing more really.' Lando looks at me like I'm very suspicious of a murder case. 

"I thought you liked Charles? You know because, of how you look at him." Lando asks in a whisper. 'WHAT NO!' When I hear how loud I spoke those words I feel the others looking at me. I look back, give a small smile and look back at Lando. 

'No, I don't think so. No- No' "Meet me tomorrow at my house, 6 o'clock in the evening. I want to know everything and Isa will be there too.' Before I could say anything Lando walks away and I follow him. I don't dare look at Charles. 

'Finished?' Alex asks and I nod. "Bye, guys." I give them a small smile but I avoid Charles' face. Alex puts a hand on my back and we walk to his car. 

____________________

The restaurant is quite cozy and nicely lit when we sit outside. Alex drove to Italy himself to have the best of the best. I look at the menu when we are sitting at our table which is standing outside. I look at the menu and don't really know what I want to eat. 

"Already found something you want to eat?" 'I don't know, there are so many options. I like pasta, but I also like pizza. But that's strange in a restaurant, isn't it?' Alex laughs and shakes his head. 'No, of course not, I would like a pizza too.' I smile a little shyly and look back at the menu.

I put my menu card down when I've decided and put it back on the table. "Do you want wine?" "No thanks, I'm not much of a regular drinker." "Good, then you can drive my car." I look at him with wide eyes and immediately start protesting. 

"I'm going to be there as well so don't worry. I trust you. It'll be fine.' I wanted to protest more but before I can do that the waiter asks if we have already chosen. I give my order and Alex his.

'When can you start your job now?' 'Next month, September 1st. I'm kind of nervous but also just scared. Because of new people.' 'I heard from Isa that you are a very social person. Then why would you be nervous?' "I don't know, I've been a bit more boxed in the last few months." It was actually a little lie that I didn't know why. 

I knew very well why, because I have all the worries in my head with my mother, but I just want to tell Charles- No, don't think about him. You're here with Alex, Emily. 

"Do you have big plans for the future?" "Well, run the business with my dad and just enjoy life." Must be easy to have that much money, right? I don't mean that rude or anything, I was just wondering.' "I get it, many people think it's easy to have a lot of money, but what people don't know is that rich people work more than twice as much as other people. Look at my father, he used to be away a lot, and because of that, we have a lot of money now. And your parents, what did your parents do?' 

'My father was a maths teacher and my mother worked for the mayor of Madrid. We didn't have a lot of money but we could do fun things and spend things on vacation and expensive things. My grandfather had a nice inheritance from his parents and that is why we have an apartment in Monaco before my parents came to live here.' 

'Did you already come to Monaco before this?' I take a sip of my drink and nod. 'Yes, one time. But I was like 2 years so I don't know anything about it anymore, I only have photos.' 

_____________________

The whole evening was great actually, we got to know each other's families and hobbies. And there was not one little silence. Alex was a really good listener, which I sometimes secretly liked, but I also enjoyed listening to him and his stories. 

'Here is the bill.' Says an older woman as she puts it on the table. I want to get the bill but Alex has it first. 'I will pay.' "No, I'll pay half." But Alex doesn't want to change his mind when he pays and the waiter is gone he says 

'Next time you can pay.' I smile and blush a little. No- this is just to get to know each other better. My head started spinning but I tried not to show anything. 

______________________

Alex had taken me home and we arrived at my door it didn't really get uncomfortable but more tense. "I'll see you later then." I nod and give him a kiss on the cheek. 'I liked it.' Alex puts his hands in his pockets and nods. 'Me, too.' 

I turn to the elevator and don't look back at him like the other night. I enter my apartment and go straight to my bedroom. I immediately lie down and start to worry. 

I don't know what to do, I feel warm with Alex and Charles. They are both sweet but so different which I don't understand at all. Normally I don't fall in love that easily. Normally I need to get to know them faster and know who they are. 

Somehow I think it's just my body screaming that it wants them but I also just feel feelings when I'm with them. I don't know anymore and I think it's best to keep my distance. I feel a vibration in my bag and another. 

1 was from someone I don't know and 1 from Alex. I open Alex's message fist:

Alex= I really thought it was a great evening, let's do it more!

I felt somehow wrong to doubt him with his best friend.

I open the 2nd message and see:

???= Hey it's Charles, I got your number from Lando. I was wondering if we could go for a run together tomorrow as we agreed. C.L.

Well, this didn't make my life any easier. I shouldn't have sent anything to both of them but I did.

To Alex: Me too x Good night!

To Charles: Sounds good, Meeting downstairs tomorrow? at 8 am?

I felt so bad about this and wanted to scream. I take my pillow and put it on my face. I scream as loud as I can.