sept

When I wake up I see that I have 8 messages on Messenger, apparently, Lando had added me to a group chat that included everyone. 

When I read the chat it said:
Alex= I feel like a party, party tonight? Anyone too?

Kelly= Me and Max will be there

Arthur= Carla and I will be there too

Carlos = Yes

Lando= Yes

Charles= Yes

Isa= Sorry guys but I have a flight to catch in 2 hours for work. Have fun  ❤️💕

Lando= You also have fun ❤️ Em, are you coming?

I actually didn't know, I wanted to but also felt like doing nothing because I was so tired. But before I could send something, Lando called me. 

I answered and before I could say anything Lando spoke. "You have to come, please." "I was just going to send that I'm coming." 'Yes, okay perfect.' He hangs up immediately and I send something in the group chat.

Me= Sure, I'm in. But Isa didn't you have a job in Monaco?

Isa= Changed of plans apparently 🤷‍♀️

Alex= Great, meet at 8 o'clock in the evening, I will send the location.

______________________

It is 7.30 pm, and I have just finished getting ready I went to Lando's apartment where we agreed to go together to the location where they other would meet. 

I ring the doorbell and look at my phone to see what time it is, Lando opens the door. "I'm almost done, just put on my shoes." 'Don't stress, nice people are always late.' 

"That's just a reason to be late." Lando says laughing. It doesn't take long before we go outside towards the location. 'You look beautiful.' 

'Thanks, you too.' I say with a big smile. We get there after 5 minutes and Charles, Max, Kelly, and Alex are talking in the parking lot. "Hey, Emily." Kelly says smiling and gives me a hug. "Hey." Kelly is quite a nice person I think and the pictures I've seen of her daughter are so cute. 

I also greet the other guys and we just wait for the others. Kelly and I are really just talking about the dress we're wearing and the guys are talking about something else that I'm not really following because Kelly takes all my attention. 

After 10 minutes everyone has arrived and we go inside. I don't really like alcohol, but I don't mind some drinks. 

Lando says he will drink water so one of us is sober to go home safely. I plan to have a few drinks but not too much. It's been at least a year since I last danced with friends. During the first hours, I just had a drink and talked with Arthur's girlfriend Carla who is really sweet, and Kelly. 

"I really feel like dancing." I say in the middle of Kelly's sentence. "Actually, so do I." Carla says before Kelly can say anything and we all go to the dancefloor. 

It's great to let go of all the worries of the last few months. The problems in Belgium, the problems with my mother. Everything slipped off me when I was just dancing and I felt freedom again. 

I felt alive again and it felt so good. 

Carla, Kelly, and I danced for what felt like hours and it was amazing. 'I'm going to get a drink.' I say when the dance is over. They nod and I go to the bar for drinks. 

While I was waiting on a bartender I look around and saw Alex, Charles, and Carlos talking. But suddenly Alex looked straight at me. 

I gave a small smile and looked at the barmaid after she asked what I would like to drink.

I wait and look around after I asked for a beer. I see Max and Lando dancing a bit further and I also see that they are having a great time. 

I quickly go back to the dance floor and continue dancing. I feel the alcohol go toward my head after a couple of songs. So I decided to go outside for a bit to lighten my head. 

When I go outside I see a young man with brown hair sitting on the steps. Without thinking I sit next to him and don't look at the face. 'Nice evening?' 

I could already tell by the voice that I knew him and who he was. I look next to me but before I can say anything I see Lando with watery eyes. 

"Hey, what's up?" 'Nothing.' He says quickly and wipes the tears from his cheeks. I don't want to be the annoying person to keep asking so I say "Do you want to get out of here?" 

Lando nods and I text in the group that Lando and me are gone because Lando isn't feeling well.

We get to his apartment, Lando and I sit on the couch and I feel he wants to talk about it so I let him talk at his own pace. 

"I'm going to tell you something, but you really can't tell anyone yet. Even the others don't know.' "No, of course not, word of honor." 

Lando looks down at his hands and I can feel him tense. 'I don't like girls, but I do like boys.' 

I grab Lando's hand and he looks at me scared. 'That's okay, it's the 21st century. If you fall in love with a horse, I would be so happy for you. I'm always there for you.' 

Lando laughs at what I said and gives me a hug. "Thanks Em, I really needed this." 

When he looks at me I feel that there is something else. "Is there anything else you need to tell me?" Lando pauses and then nods. 

'When I was talking to Max I saw Carlos dancing with a girl. That made me very jealous because... I'm-' 'In love with him?' 

Lando nods and looks at me with teary eyes. 'Come on, hey. It will be fine.' I give Lando a hug and he gives me a hug back.' Everything will be fine.' I say and we say nothing and sit like this until he calms down.