six

I've been looking at the e-mail and my CV for the hospital for 10 minutes but I don't dare send it.

What if they don't accept me or don't answer at all? I'm always stressed about these things, my last job was the same. 

I intended to close my PC to postpone it, but I see Isa is calling me on my phone."Hey" I say when I pick up. 

"Have you sent it yet?" "No, I don't dare." 'Just send your email Em, nothing can stop you, and if they reject you which they won't do you've tried anyway. Just do and don't think.' 

And that is what I do, I act and don't think. 'I did it. Omg, I did it.' I hear Isa making party noises and that makes me laugh. "It's going to be okay, they're going to love you." 

________________________________

After sending the email I just didn't want to be tempted to look at my PC all day so I decided to go to my parents. When I'm inside I see my mother pour her a glass of water. "Hey, mom." I say as I put my coat on the coat rack and enter the kitchen. 

When she sees me she immediately starts smiling. "Hey honey, how was your day?" "Okay, I've emailed the hospital for a job." 

'Why do you need a job? You're just 16 and still have to study?' When I heard she told me I was 16 I knew it was a bad day. "No Mom, you know that. I've already graduated, haven't I.' 

She looks at me in surprise and question but pretends she did know. "Sure, I was just joking." I felt like I got a punch in the stomach. 

She left the kitchen when my father entered the kitchen. "Emily, hey." He immediately gave me a hug. "Bad day for mom?" 'Yeah, it's not such a good day. But tell me, how's your day?' 

I told him about the e-mail and he said the same as Isa, my father has always been an essential and fun person in my life but I always had a better relationship with my mother but now I feel that bond weakening and that hurts a lot. It feels like I have a better bond with my dad than with my mom.

When me and my father also sit down on the couch, he talks about what they have done in the city. 

____________________________

I return home I can't stop thinking about my mom. Sometimes everything goes super well and then you have days where she thinks I'm still 10 years old. 

Charles is standing in the apartment building when I enter it. He is sweating and bent over and he is with a man who has brown hair and is older than him. 

I hear them talking Italian and the older man sees me first. When Charles also notices me, he gives me a smile. "Hey." 

"Hey." I say a little uncomfortable because he's so sweaty and handsome. No- sweaty I mean sweaty. 

'This is Andrea, Andrea this is Emily. She lives a few floors below me and is good friends with Isa and Lando.' Andrea shakes my hand and I shake his hand too. 

"I also urgently need to start my workouts, way too long ago." I say to brake the uncomfortable mood. Charles laughs a little and you can hear him breathing very hard because of the effort he did.

"Maybe we should walk together sometime." So I really didn't expect this...'Yes, good idea, but not now. I still have a lot to do.' I say sarcastically which causes Charles to smile. 

'Bye.' I say when I walk to the elevator. When I close the door of my apartment, I stand against the door and lower myself to the floor. 

I put my hands over my eyes and shake my head. 'Idioot.' (Idiot.