Vingt-deux

It's been such a long and hectic day and I wanted to go home and sleep. My week was already bad with my mom and now this, I just wanted to leave and come back when I had a day of sleep but I still had 1 hour to go. 

The hour did not pass but eventually, when my shift ended I put my normal clothes on and was ready to leave the building when I saw Arthur walking past me. He did not recognise me I think and he was just leaving the building. 

That reminds me that I was going to visit Lucas and see how he was doing. I'm so tired but I decide to just go and ask how he is doing and then leave. I normally don't go to an ex-patient there rooms but I felt so bad for him and Carlos of course. I'm just going to look and text Carlos I saw him and how he is doing. Carlos still feels so bad for the boy but it was just an accident and that can just happen.

I go to the little shop in the hospital and buy a few little sweets for Lucas. Then I walk back to the elevator and go to the floor of Lucas his bedroom. I walk to a nurse who works there and she greets me with a warm smile. 'Hello miss, are you searching for anyone?' 

'Yes hello, I was the nurse of a boy named Lucas Leclerc and I just wanted to see how he was doing.' She nodded and took a paper out of her pocket and looked at the paper. 'Yes, I see here that he is in room 16.' 'Thank you so much, have a great day.' 

Before she can say anything I already walk to room 16. The door is closed but I hear 2 voices talk. I thought everyone was gone because I saw Arthur leave but I did not think much of it and I knocked on the door. I heard a voice say 'Oui.' 

I opened the door before I saw the little boy I wanted to see, I saw someone else. 'Hey.'He said and looked at me with his beautiful green eyes. And I felt paralyzed and did not know what to say. This was going to be so awkward. 

Charles texted me 2 weeks ago if he could call me but I never responded. He did not text back either so I have not talked to him since then. I just wanted to leave everything behind so I did not text back. It was hard to do but I thought it was for the best and now he is here again. 

I just thought Lucas would be alone, but here is. Infront of me with his beautiful face and beautiful eyes. 'Hey.' I say to him, hiding my discomfort. I look at Lucas and he smiles at me. I close the door behind me and I look back at Lucas. 

'Hey Lucas, I'm Emily. I was your nurse when you were getting operated on. We saw each other 2 weeks ago.' He nodded and I saw he remembered me again. 'I just came to ask how you are.' I smile at him but I don't dare to look at Charles. 

'Umm the doctors said that the surgery was good and he, the doctor said-' Lucas tried to explain but I see he was trying to grasp for words. 'The doctors did some tests and luckily after a week, his legs started to move again so he is lucky. But he has had a concussion so sometimes it's hard to speak. But the doctors say that will go away.' Charles says and I look at him. 

I nod and look at Lucas. 'And when can you go home?' I ask Lucas. 'Tomorrow can't wait. I miss my friends. They of course came to the visit but I still miss them.' I nod and remember I have to give something. 'I got you something, I thought maybe you like a few sweats.' I pull the sweats out of my bag and lay them on a little table next to him. He looks really happy and takes all of them to look at what I got him. 'Thank you so much.' 'You're welcome.' I say with a big smile. 

I look at Charles and he looks at me. He starts to open his mouth to say something but before he has the chance there is a knock on the door. I open the door for the person and I see the nurse I was talking to earlier looking at me. 

'Hello, sorry to bother. But I need the little boy for a few more tests and then he is all done.' 'Oh yes, of course, wait let me help you.' I helped Lucas get in a wheelchair with the nurse. When Lucas is gone I'm alone with Charles in the room. 

'Why did you not text back?' Charles asks when I'm about to say I'm leaving. 'I-.' I don't know what to say but I sit down on Lucas his bed and I look at Charles. 'I just wanted to let everything go, like you did.' 

'Let everything go?' 'Yes, put the shit behind us. I did something mean I just thought it was maybe for the best.' 'I never hated you if you think that. I was just hurt, really hurt. And I was busy with the F1 season.'I nod but I don't say anything. 

'It's also just, Alex. He is in a bad state because-' 'Because of what I did.' 'Alex has had problems in the past so it's not entirely your fault.' 'Emily, I- I still feel something for you.' I look at him in surprise and he looks at me. 

'I miss having you around, talking to and laughing with you.' 'Charles-' He stands up and sits next to me on Lucas's bed. 'I miss you.' And before I know it, he kisses me. I don't want this feeling to end so I kiss him back. Not knowing what we would do next, but I don't to let him go anymore.