ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

April looked up at the man who was trapping her, the heat rising in her cheeks as she took steady breaths. Dew looked down at her expectantly, sighing in relief when she finally nodded, it was obvious she didn't fully trust the situation.

   Carefully removing himself from the door, he listened to the slowing of her heartbeat and smiled. "Do I make you nervous?" He asked, opening the door quietly for her. April refused to look at him, walking a little bit ahead of him so he didn't have the satisfaction of confirmation.

   Sodo watched as the girl seemingly walked confidently like she knew where she was going. How long had she been snooping in the church? Now that he had a chance to actually look at her, he shook his head. "Really?" He spoke in a hushed tone, making her look back at him in confusion. "Did you really take off your shoes just so you could see me again?" He walked a little quicker just to catch up to her.

   She felt his arm slide around her waist and she quickly turned around, walking backwards so she could keep an eye on him. "Oh of course, getting thrown around like a ragdoll was always a dream of mine." April spoke with her hands clasped together in front of her as if she was thanking him.

   Sodo winked at her, a charming smile playing at his lips,"Anytime, sweetheart." April scoffed at him, turning back around as she came to his door, stepping back so he could go first since it is his room.

   Opening the door for her, he waited for her to go ahead, wanting to make sure she wouldn't try to run. They heard the click of a door opening and she stopped in the doorway, looking at him just as she pushed her into the room and closed the door behind her. The ghoul stayed out in the hall, watching Swiss walk out of his room with a bowl of popcorn.

   "The hell are you doing up so late?" Swiss asked, looking towards Sodo who cleared his throat, attempting to sound tired,"I uh... I thought I heard a noise. Must've been a TV" he nodded slowly, trying to be a little more convincing. Swiss looked at him then at the door that the ghoul had a tight grip on. Deciding the response was good enough for him, he said a short goodnight before retreating to his room.

   Taking a deep breath, the fire ghoul walked into his room where an upset April sat on a chair in the corner of the room, her arms crossed over her chest,"You suck at being a gentleman." Sodo closed the door behind him, chuckling,"Who told you I was a gentleman?"

   Before she could make a remark, he walked towards a door on the otherside of the room,"Listen, get yourself comfortable on the bed, I'll turn off the light when I get out of the bathroom."

   April watched as he disappeared into the bathroom and got up to lay on his bed. The comforter and pillows were a dark shade of red and felt soft against her skin. She laid in the middle of the bed, a king sized bed, looking up at the ceiling that had posters and writing covering it.

   Closing her eyes, she turned on her side and waited for him to get out so that pesky light could be turned off. It was only a few minutes before Sodo had left the bathroom and finally turned off the light, but the problem was that she felt as if he climbed into bed with her.

   Sitting up, she turned to face him as he laid down and got comfortable. "What do you think you're doing?" April asked softly, not having any real concern in her voice. "Going to bed?" He responded tiredly, already nuzzled into his pillow.

   She started to get up, grabbing a pillow on her way off the bed. The girl heard a sigh and movement behind her then his voice,"What do you think you're doing?" April answered simply,"Sleeping on the floor"

   With a bit more movement coming from his side, it sounded like he had gotten up, but she couldn't tell in the pitch black darkness. "Get back in bed, if you're going to be so particular I'll just sleep on my couch." He sighed, grabbing his own pillow, then slowly making his way towards the black leather couch across from his bed.