ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

After leaving the mall, they had decided to just go back to the church, wanting some time to relax before going back out later in the night.

   Walking into the common room, they saw Cardi C standing in the middle of the room, talking to all of the ghouls. Looking back at the two as they came in, he clapped his hands together before gesturing towards them. (Mainly Sodo)

   "Perfect timing! In two weeks, we have a ritual to attend." He smiled, very obviously excited. April looked at Copia, then the ghouls behind him, then Sodo. "Ritual? What's a Ritual?" She asked, growing nervous at the sound of it.

   Cirrus tsked softly,"Wow Sodo, been hogging her all this time and haven't told her anything about us?" She asked, teasing him. The fire ghoul rolled his eyes, looking away. "I just didn't think about it." He defended himself, crossing his arms over his chest as he grew a little irritated.

    "Yeah Cirrus, Cut him some slack. I'd forget too if I was flirting with a pretty girl all the time." Phantom added on to the teasing, causing Sodo to shoot him a glare, his eyes flashing a subtle amber color. "Cut it out." He hissed.

   "Okay! Okay, All we're saying is we understand that you're busy constantly cuddling up to her." Cirrus smirked, very proud of how riled up the ghoul was getting. All the while April was sitting back and watching as he grew more and more upset.

   Sodo was about to say something in protest, but he was cut off by April's giggles, she couldn't stay quiet any longer. He looked back at her and immediately calmed down, a hint of a smile on his lips. When he looked back at the other ghouls who all gave him a knowing look. "Fuck off.." He huffed.

   Copia had waited for everyone to settle down before speaking again,"Amore mio, A Ritual is when we perform for people. We are in a band called Ghost, they've been practicing for a few weeks now for the next Ritual. Though it's nothing for you to worry about." He hummed happily after explaining.

   April looked at Copia in confusion, but she realized what he meant. She wouldn't be there because she was leaving in 10 days. Just before the concert. Everyone else seemed to realize this right after she did cause a few of them had frowns. "You'll come to the Ritual right? Even after you've left?" Rain asked the question a few others wondered.

   It made her feel happy that they had become such good friends to her in the few days she had been there. As she went to speak, Sodo cut her off,"Let me remind you, she is still christian... She's just here for work." The girl didn't like that at all. Truthfully April was enjoying it at the church. Everyone had been so sweet.

   Aurora stood up and took April's hands in hers gently,"Well, I know we would love for you to join us..." She asked. Swiss, Rain, Cirrus, and two others all piped up to agree with her. It brought a smile to her face. "I'll see what I can do." April spoke barely above a whisper, Aurora smiling happily.

   "Would you mind taking me to that Library now?" April asked as Cardinal went back to talking to the ghouls about the plans. Sodo occasionally glanced over at the girls, unsure if saying what he said was a good thing to do.

   As the girls left, April waved goodbye to the few who noticed, then followed Aurora down the halls.

  Aurora held April's hand as they walked, humming a song from the band to herself. "What are Rituals like?" April asked, not looking at the ghoul beside her but at the walls and its decorations.

   "They're energetic. The band and also the people who attend. Have you heard any of the songs that we play?" The ghoulette asked, looking at the girl beside her. "No, I don't listen to music much past Taylor Swift and like... One Direction?" She said.