ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

The room was quiet, only filled with the shallow sounds of Sodo's peaceful breathing. Everything laid in calmness, really showing that it was a nice morning to get some rest. The two laid in the bed that sat against the left wall in a between two windows.

   It had been a little over a week since their date and April had once again woken up enwrapped by Sodo's warmth. Opening her eyes with a subtle stretch, she looked at the ghoul in front of her, slowly processing what she was seeing. April watched his calm face as he slept, the grey undertones of his skin more apparent along with the horns that jutted out from his forehead.

   When she went to get up was when she had realized that a skinny tail was wrapped twice around her thigh, holding it close to him. A tint of pink crossed her cheeks as she removed the covers from the both of them. Apart from the situation at hand, they hadn't deemed themselves together.

   April was still figuring out what she believed, and even then, Sodo wasn't even completely sure what he wanted. All he knew was she would be leaving within the next two days. Just before their Ritual. Still, April insisted they shared the bed since there was no use in sleeping apart when she had known she could trust him.

   The ghouls eyes fluttered open, a drowsy smile coming to his lips when he saw the beautiful girl hovering over him. "See something you like, sweetheart?~" Sodo yawned, stretching out widely as his tail unfurled from around her thigh. She considered his words, matching his smile as she nodded,"Yeah, Maybe I do."

The fire ghoul sat up, reaching his hand up to hold her face only to realize the reason she was staring. His smile had fallen as he looked away with an embarrassed blush. "What's the matter?" April asked, gently moving his face to make him look at her. Before her eyes she watched as the horns disappeared and his skin color changed back to its original pale white.

   "Why don't you show me your ghoul form? I've seen everyone else's except yours." April frowned, caressing the man's face. Sodo moved away from her hand, going to get changed for the day. "I don't like being in ghoul form while around you. Its heightened senses and emotions. I'm more easily angry and... and other things." He cleared his throat as he explained what he meant, grabbing clothes then locking himself in the bathroom.

   The morning light streamed in through the windows on either side of the bed, shining on the floors and a little bit of the desk where her school work lay untouched. A lot had happened since first getting the assignment, so much so that she had realized that she didn't want the assignment to end.

   Leaning back against the headboard of the bed, she closed her eyes as she thought quietly, only to be interrupted by harsh knocking on the bedroom door. "One second!" She called out, going to get off the bed then hurrying to the door, opening it to find Rain in his human form standing there patiently. "What's up?"

   The ghoul gave her a warm smile,"Good morning, April. I was the one that was sent to get you, Copia said that there's a visitor here for you." He offered his arm to her and she hesitantly linked her arm with his. Closing the door behind her she followed the water ghoul as he led her up towards the dining hall.

   "Who's here for me, Rain?" She asked, watching ahead of her to see if she could get any hint as to who might be here, hoping and praying that it wasn't a family member. "I'm unsure, I wasn't told." He gave her an apologetic look, able to tell that she was a little nervous.

   Having walked the rest of the way to the dining hall silently, Rain let go of the girls arm, opening the door for her. April looked in, dread filling her face as her eyes fell upon her mothers unsure expression, obviously tense in the room that was admittedly boring, but still put her mom on edge. "Are you going to be okay?" He asked worriedly, resting a hand on her shoulder. Looking back at him, she put on a brave smile and nodded,"Yeah, it's just my mom."