ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11

The rest of the drive to the mall was quiet, the only thing to fill the silence was the sound of the cars around them.

   At the mall April parked the car beside Swiss's car before getting out with Sodo. Everyone gathered up in front of the entrance to a Barnes & Noble, waiting so they could figure out a plan.

   Mountain spoke first, wearing something similar to Sodo. April glanced at the other ghouls, quickly realizing they all wore similar clothes. They each wore all black, the only thing separating their outfits is the jewelry and accessories they wore.

   "April?" Aurora pulled the girl out of her thoughts, making her look towards the ghoul. "Huh?" April looked at her in confusion. Mountain spoke again,"We asked you who you're going to go with?"

   When the question was asked again, she chuckled nervously,"Uhm.. uh.. I'll go with Aurora." April smiled, looking over at the girl. The ghoulette took Aprils hand, smiling happily that they'd get to spend time together.

   "Alright.. Well we're splitting into two groups, around 1 pm we can meet in the food court." Mountain explained. Since April was distracted, she had no clue who else was with them. Everyone walked inside the bookstore, the two girls sticking close together.

   Behind her, Swiss walked up and placed an arm around her waist gently,"Are we going to look in here first?" He hummed. A red tint crossed Aprils face as she tried to get herself out of his arms.

   She let go of Aurora's hand and walked a little ahead so she could walk backwards to face her little group. April went to speak but stopped when she saw past them an upset Sodo. She took a deep breath,"Yeah, I want to look for a few books."

   As the three went to look, the other three men left the bookstore to go into the actual mall. Swiss went towards the magazine section, April went towards the Body, Mind, and Spirit section, Aurora followed April.

   "Whatcha lookin for?" Aurora asked, arms behind her back as she followed. "Uhm.. The satanic bible." April responded, nervously looking through the books as she held her cross gently. She wasn't sure if she was still trying to convince herself she was christian.

   The ghoulette beside her nodded and helped her look,"You know we have a few back at the church right?" She asked, picking up a copy and handing it to April. "You do?" Aurora nodded at April's question,"Yeah, we have a small library. When we get back I'll show it to you." She hummed happily.

   Putting the book back, April nodded,"Okay, well, we can go then. I don't think they have any books on ghouls here." Walking towards where Swiss was looking, he had put a magazine down and waited for the girls. "Ready to go?" He asked. The girls nodded and they all started to walk towards the exit.

   When they made it to the actual mall, they looked at the long corridor, lined with shops on both the top and bottom floor. They all glanced at each other, unsure on where to go first. Eventually though, they settled on just walking until they found a store that interested them.

   "So, I wasn't able to ask since Sodo walked in on us, but what's your relationship with him?" Aurora asked out of the blue, linking her arm with Aprils. Swiss looked over, his interest obvious.

   April felt her face heat up, but she kept her cool. "I don't know what you mean." She hummed, shrugging the question off. Aurora rolled her eyes,"Come on... He hasn't been as argumentative as he usually would be since you came along. There's gotta be somethin'."

   They had walked into a Spencer's, looking at the shirts along the walls. "Mm, I just sleep in his room." She hummed. "In his bed~" Swiss teased.

   "Sleep in whose bed?" A voice said from behind them. The three turned around, looking at the girl in front of them. Aurora and Swiss looked at eachother confused while April looked like a deer in headlights. "Roxie?"