ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

Everyone had finished eating within at least thirty minutes, having talked about little things, but mainly about April's family.

When everyone was ready to split up again, Mountain spoke,"We meet back up at the cars around 3 o'clock okay?" In response everyone either nodded or hummed a yes.

With that, everyone went their own ways with their own group. April and Sodo went towards a nearby GameStop. "Is there a reason you wanted it to be just us?" April asked as they walked, glancing around at a few of the shops.

"Nothing in particular." He responded, putting his hands in his jean pockets. April made a face,"Oh really? Then why did you want it to be just us?" She nudged him, making him chuckle softly. "Okay, maybe I wanted to spend time with you. Get to know you more, I guess."

April wrapped her arm around his, making him pull one of his hands out of his pocket so she could slide her hand into his. Neither of them said anything about it as they walked into the GameStop. "Why are we here?" April asked, glancing around the store.

Sodo went towards the Switch games, going to pick up a Mario Party game. "We have a switch we all share in the common room." He responded, looking at all the other games to see if there was anything interesting.

"All of you?" She asked, and he nodded with a sigh,"All of us." April giggled at the thought of them all arguing over who used which account or who gets to play it. Sodo decided there wasn't anything else to look at and led April towards the check out, taking his hand from hers so he could get his wallet.

As he went to check out, she was reminded of his name, then all of her other friends' names. "So.. what's with the names? Why not just your real names?" She asked. Sodo paid for the game then put his wallet away,"Hold on and I'll explain." He said, taking her hand gently and leading her out of the store.

They both walked slowly, not really having any stores in mind to go to. "As you know, my name is Per. That is my original name." He started April looking at him with confusion. "Original name?" She asked and he nodded,"That was my name before I died."

April stayed quiet so she could hear his story,"I died.. maybe centuries ago. When I became a ghoul, my perception of time wasn't the best. But I know it's been many years." He hummed. "What I don't remember is how I died, I just remember the accusations that caused the events leading up to it." He explained.

The girl nodded slowly,"So... Sodo is your ghoul name? But why do some call you Dew?" She asked. "Yes, Sodo is my ghoul name. My name when I was summoned was Dew or Dewdrop because I was a water ghoul, but at some point in time I was changed to a fire ghoul, so my name changed with it."

"Okay, so, everyone else's names, thats who they were before they... died?" She asked, holding his hand a little tighter so he knew she wanted to go into a claires. Sodo looked at the store and groaned, not wanting to go but staying quiet because she wanted to. "Yeah, we all use them on our Identification Cards not only so we seem like normal people, but it reminds us that we were once human."

Quietly she looked around, nodding as he finished his explanation. "How old were you when you died?" She asked, he shrugged,"I have no clue."

April decided she hadn't found anything in the store and left hand in hand with the fire ghoul. "What do you think your mom thought about us?" Sodo asked, looking over at the girl as she wandered with him, going towards a tattoo shop.

"Oh she definitely didn't like you. But I think if anyone gave a good impression on her it was Aurora. Because women are always pure and innocent." April rolled her eyes, not noticing the ghouls frown.