ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

In the morning it was clear that it would be a long day. It was a Saturday and April refused to get up. No matter how much the fire ghoul tried to shake her awake or pull her out of bed.

The girl was practically glued to the mattress and Sodo was getting a little frustrated. "Come on! It's almost 10 am, everyone is up and waiting in the common room!" He cried, trying to tug the covers from her grasp.

"No!" She grumbled,"I'm too fucking tired." Burying her face into the pillow, she let go of the covers and now clung to the pillow. Sodo groaned, trying to think of a way to get her out of bed.

Deciding to get dressed first, he changed into a pair of black jeans with a black button up. He wasn't worried about changing in the room with her, especially because she refused to wake up. Once dressed, he walked back to her side of the bed,"Okay, you've done this to yourself." He sighed.

His words got April to look up at him in confusion, gasping as he picked her up. She started to squirm in his arms, causing him to struggle. "Stop! You're going to make me drop you!" Sodo let out an airy laugh at how childish she was being.

"Put me down! I want to sleep!" April dragged out the last word, reaching for her pillow. The ghoul had to constantly adjust himself as she moved until she finally settled in his arms, holding the pillow tightly to her chest. It covered her face and somewhat blocked his vision, but she stopped moving so he just accepted it.

The walk to the common room was quiet, Sodo listened as her breathing slowed, her head laying on his chest as he carried her. Clearly she had fallen back asleep but the ghouls had plans today and he wasn't going to let her stay in bed the whole day.

As he walked into the Common room, a few of the ghouls looked at him in confusion. They couldn't see April's face due to the pillow she held so tightly.

The staring somewhat irritated the ghoul, the fire ghouls heat radiated off of while he allowed himself to be in his ghoul form. His tail swayed behind him as he placed April on one of the couches that weren't occupied.

"Is she alright?" Swiss spoke up, standing from his spot and going over to the little kitchen area to get some coffee. "Yeah, she was just difficult." He spoke with a hint of annoyance in his voice, his tail flicking harshly, indicating his mood.

Sodo wasn't really upset. Especially not at her, but he couldn't let them see him get too soft. Keeping his usual demeanor present as he fixed himself and April coffee.

On the other hand, April had finally decided she had gotten enough sleep. Sitting up in her spot on the couch, she yawned and hugged the pillow a bit tighter before letting go. She opened her tired eyes, finally registering the voices around her.

Seeing the ghoulish figures in the room, April froze, using the pillow to cover her chest. Mostly they talked to each other but Aurora had taken notice of the startled girl, moving to sit beside her.

"Did you sleep good?" The ghoulette chuckled at the blush that was forming on April's face. "I'm going to fucking kill that man.." she mumbled, standing up to start walking out the door. Aurora followed close behind.

Aurora looked at what her pajamas were and it was a light blue tank top with her usual Stitch sweatpants. The problem with it was that she was only wearing a tanktop, and Sodo thought it'd be fine to have her in the middle of a room full of people.

"I think we plan on leaving soon to go shopping. Do you still plan on going?" Aurora walked with her hands behind her back, watching as April angrily walked to her room.

Walking into her and Sodos room, Aurora stood at the door, watching as she sorted through her luggage. April looked back at the ghoul and motioned for her to come in the room. "Yeah, I'm still going. Do you want to help me pick out some clothes?"