ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

Immediately being teased did not make April feel any better about the situation. Continuing to drive until she turned into the parking lot, pulling into a parking spot then turning off her car. Sodo went to get out, opening his door and stepping one foot out before looking back at the girl.

   "Hey, you coming?" He asked softly, leaning back in his seat. She sat in the driver's seat with her hands in her lap, staring out the front window. "What's wrong?" The ghoul leaned forward trying to get into her field of view. "My mom is going to kill me." She said, sounding very much out of it as she thought about all the things her mom would yell if she had found out about who was sitting in her passenger seat.

   Sodo frowned, placing his hand over top of one of hers to comfort her. She quickly removed her hand,"Don't touch me." Then she climbed out of the car, closing the door behind her. Sodo quickly followed behind and made sure to close the door as he went. Hearing it honk behind him, he realized she likely locked it.

   Truthfully, the way she had removed herself from him so quickly hurt just a little bit. Deciding to stay quiet for now, he pushed his sleeves up on his arms and walked through the front doors to see April already at the elevators.

   As soon as the doors opened, she stepped inside and turned around to face him. He was still walking towards the elevator when the doors started to shut, causing him to speed up. Just as it was about to close, a guy stopped it, sticking his hand through the gap to keep the doors opened.

   The guy had a towel wrapped around his neck and only some swim shorts on, completely without a shirt. His short brown hair was dripping wet, and Sodo had plenty of time to notice all of this as he stepped into the elevator with the other two. Standing beside April, he carefully started to put his hair up into a man bun, using the hairband around his wrist.

   April stared at the elevator doors, only looking away when the unknown guy started to talk to her. "Hey, I'm Liam." He said, offering her a hand as he introduced himself. She looked over at him and offered a small fake smile. "April." She said curtly, ignoring the outstretched hand.

   Liam chuckled at her lack of interest,"Come on, babe. Let me take you out tonight." He offered. April sighed,"No thank you." Sodo couldn't help the suppressed smile that spread across his features. The girl between the two had once again focused on the doors, wondering what was taking so long to get to the second floor.

   Just as the thought crossed her mind, the doors opened and April started to get out, Sodo following behind. Before she could get anywhere, the guy grabbed her wrist,"Hey! I'm just trying to—" he started but Sodo pushed him back, pinning him against the wall with one arm resting firmly against Liam's neck. "She said no." He growled, the guy looking at the man in front of him in shock.

   As the ghoul let him go, he kept his eyes on Liam for just a bit longer as he walked backwards, a little surprised that April had waited for him. Turning around to walk beside her, he placed a hand gently on her waist. This time she didn't stop him, feeling safer beside him.

   Behind them, the guy called out,"Come on! You're picking a guy like him over me?!" To that, Sodo raised his free hand and held up the middle finger so that the guy could see. Before the guy could do anything, the elevator doors had closed and took him to another floor.

   When they got to her room, Sodo let go of her and let the girl open the door. "Thank you." April spoke quietly. She walked through and held the door open for him to walk in before closing it behind him. "Of course" He hummed, giving her a small smile to which she returned.

   As soon as they walked in, they were both able to see her luggage resting broken on the bed with her clothes and items thrown around. Sodo tilted his head with a slightly confused look. April groaned,"Don't ask. I broke my suitcase trying to get it open so I could change quickly and get back to the church."