ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20

The Ritual ended with the same enthusiasm as it started, except quite a few of the band members were just a little more energetic than before. They linked their arms together and bowed to the sea of fans.
   Roxanne had joined her sister on the right side of the stage. April watched her with a raised brow. Her sister had a faint blush on her face and refused to look her sister in the eyes. April shook her head in disbelief and looked back towards the band. They all began to walk off stage though Aurora went hopping off.
   Before April realized what was happening, Aurora had jumped onto the girl and tackled her in a hug to the ground. The girls laughed at the impact of the fall, April wrapping her arms around the smaller ghouls torso.
"You made it!" Aurora squealed, hugging April tighter. The girls laid on the floor of the side stage, excited to see each other again.
   "It's been miserable without you, Sodo's been more snippy since you left." The smaller female ghoul explained as she moved to sit up so that April could breathe and fix herself.
Sodo scoffed at Aurora's words but helped the ghoulette up anyway, then helping April up. His arm slinked its way around the girls waist, pulling her towards him gently. "I've missed her."
April had a faint red tint to her face listening to his three words. There was a reason she wanted to come back to him and he only seemed to be making it more and more worth it.
"Please... No more leaving." Sodo started to speak, taking her hand into his before placing a gentle kiss to her palm,"I don't care who says what, Don't leave again." His voice pleaded softly. He had her in his arms and he didn't want to let go.
The crowd was still roaring outside, begging for the band to come back and play another song. Papa had walked out to tease the crowd a little more. They begged for more and Papa seemed to only be messing with them while giving his ghouls time to reconcile.
   April stood in Sodo's arm for just a little longer, placing a short kiss to his cheek to give him some reassurance that she wasn't going anywhere. Behind the two, April noticed a certain multighoul bickering with Roxanne. A smile was on Roxanne's face which told her that she had said something to purposely start the bickering. Her smile was contagious.
    Then they heard the echo of Papa's mic, telling the crowd: "Fine! Fine! Have it your way. One— Only One! More song." He spoke in his thick accent that April couldn't tell was just something demons had or just these particular demons.
   Sodo had pulled back, content with their reunion. Taking her hands into his hands he kissed the back of her hand then on both sides of her cheek.. then to her lips. April couldn't help the flutter in her heart at how he was treating her. What happened to the Sodo that would bully her and cause arguments with her? In the end she didn't really care. She was where she felt most loved and most importantly felt at home.
   "Kevin! Take Roxanne and April back to the bus for us, why don't you?" Papa asked as he walked backstage to ready the ghouls for one last song. The bodyguard stepped forward and nodded in agreement, waiting for the girls to turn towards him to follow.
    The sound of loud cheers sounded through the crowd and even far outside of the park. April and Roxanne walked with Kev arm in arm, happy smiles on their faces.
    "I love you, Rox."
    "I love you too, April."

𖤐

   In the tour bus, the sisters had finally caught a break. Their bodies hurt from all of the physical exercise and trying to get through the concert to get to the band. April was staring off in the distance, a hint of amusement on her face at the events that've unfolded the past few days. On the bus she sat on one end of the couch while her sister on the other end.
    Rox was the first to speak up since leaving the group. "So.. What's Swiss like? I didn't get much of a read on him the first time I met him nor this time."
   April chuckled at her sisters sudden interest. "Be careful with him. He is very flirty, but has peoples best interest in mind. Oh.. and he loves to dance. I know that for a fact. He can play guitar and sing... I'm not sure what else to say though."
    Her little sister hummed to show she acknowledged what her sister said but then she went back to looking down at her phone, quiet music playing from it. April couldn't help but be curious so she peeked over the other girls shoulder. Edits.
    "Hey, I wanna see—" April moved to sit closer to her sister on the couch the bus had towards the front. Roxanne immediately turned her phone off and threw it. "See what?"
   Before April could say anything else, the door to the bus opened and in walked the chattering and excited band. It was a wonder how a bus could house eight ghouls. And now ten people overall. Papa moved to sit at a table towards the middle of the bus while all the others just took a spot where they could fine one.
    In between the sisters sat Sodo (obviously) and Aurora. They had all taken their masks off to show their smiles and even those were contagious. April and Roxanne looked at each other from around the two bodies, knowing they'd be fine where ever they are as long as they had each other.
   "April!! Did you see us playing? What'd you think? How'd you find your way to the back? How'd you escape??" An excited Aurora shot questions toward the poor girl. Sodo chuckled and spoke up before April could even process what the small girl had asked of her.
   "Calm down, Rory, One question at a time." Sodo attempted to make it easier on April but he wasn't gonna stop them from asking questions cause even he had questions.
   "Rory?" Aurora muttered in confusion.
    "Uhm.. well. Rox and I didn't really see much of the performance but we heard it and saw little bits of it while we were trespassing." April answered the first two questions. Partially the third question too.
   "And we found our way to the back by pushing our way through the pit to the front. Luckily the bodyguards knew us.. I assume y'all..?" She trailed off to let someone finish her sentence for her.
   "Well. We told them to keep an eye out. We had to have a little bit of hope." Papa was the one to finish the sentence to her surprise. Its nice to know it wasn't just three of them that wanted her to come back.
   April couldn't help how she teared up, but she quickly wiped them away before anyone could see. But she was in the middle of the spotlight. So everyone saw it.
   Sodo wrapped his arm around the girls shoulder and pulled her closer to comfort her. "We're glad you're back, April." He hummed softly.
   Then the Bus started up, the driver pulling off into the night, passing by crowds of fans who cheered when the bus drove out.
    "You two ready for a LOT more concerts?" Cirrus spoke up now, leaning forward in her seat at the table with Papa, Swiss, and Cumulus.
   April and Roxanne once again looked at each other before silently agreeing. "We're ready."
   Sodo chuckled and kissed the top of Aprils head, pulling her into his arms more, squeezing softly to show that he was glad she was there again finally. "To the road ahead." Papa cheered.

𖤐𖤐𖤐

Guys I posted!!
Its hard to do write more chapters but I think that I'll only have one more chapter before I consider this book to be finished.
I'll do my best to keep updating. If you have any ideas or wants.. just tell me.

If I wrote a story about my D&D character and her husband, would y'all read it?

- Zombie xx