ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

Later in the night, just before lights out, everyone had agreed to watch a movie. April sat beside Sodo as she had all day, but Swiss sat on the floor in front of her, the ghoul having been with her all day. They had talked a lot that day and Sodo hated it.

   Sodo didn't know why he hated it, but he knew it wasn't fair to him. He had done what he could to make her comfortable, Hell if it wasn't for him, they likely would've ended up scaring her more.

   The credits started to roll, and everyone was tired, some even asleep. Sodo was the first to leave but no one noticed. April stayed back and said goodnight to everyone, occasionally exchanging numbers with the more friendly ones.

   Copia pushed everyone off to bed, saying that it was close to lights out. April and Aurora walked side by side down the hallway. "I think some of the ghouls said something about going out shopping tomorrow and I'd love for you to go." Aurora offered, unlinking their arms as her and April stopped in front of the ghoulettes door.

   April bit the inside of her cheek, considering it. She did need a few things so she nodded,"Yeah, I'll go with." Aurora smiled wide and said a small 'Yay!' then opened her room to go to bed. "Goodnight." As the ghoulette closed the door, she tried to say it quickly. "Goodnight, April!"

   Her and Sodos room was just a few doors away so within seconds she was trying to open the door. Trying. He had locked the door, so a confused April knocked on the door. She could hear music playing on the otherside so she knew he was awake. She knocked harder until the music stopped.

   The door swung open to reveal Sodo looking incredibly annoyed. He was in his pajamas and clearly ready for bed. "Do you need something?" He asked, blocking her path inside. April furrowed her brows in confusion,"Yeah...? Inside so I can go to sleep?" She responded.

   The Fire ghoul looked down the halls then back at April,"I think dear Swiss is still awake. Maybe he'll let you room with him." The girl felt hurt, unsure of what she did. April rolled her eyes at his childish behavior and pushed the door completely open so she could get sleep.

   Before she could go anywhere, he had grabbed her wrist, pulling her right back to the door. He glared down at her,"I said no." The tension started to escalate slowly, as she stood in front of him, giving him the same hard stare. "What the hell did I do to you?" She tried to think of any possible explanation. What could she have done? She mainly talked to Swiss and the ghoulettes.

   Sodo hadn't answered as he watched her try to figure it out. The girl clenched her jaw, releasing her hand from his grasp. Instead she placed her hand against his chest, feeling as he took a deep breath and closed his eyes. She could feel his heart beating fast under her hand.

   April sighed, realizing the cause for the way he was acting. He was jealous of how much time she spent with Swiss and she had made it worse as time went on through the day. She started to slide her hand up until she moved the hair out of his face. He opened his eyes, watching her be so gentle with him.

   Truthfully it made him calm down a bit. "Let me take you on a date." He asked softly, pulling her to his body to give her a hug. April looked up at the ghoul, thinking of if she should. "This... this isn't right." She whispered. Sodo brought up a hand to hold her face, her eyes traveling over his features.

   He let go of her and moved out of the way so she could get inside. April walked in but only a few steps bedore she turned back to him,"I'm sorry," she started, Sodo going to dismiss it but she continued,"I still have a lot of questions." With the door closed, she took off his hoodie and gave it back to him.

   April went and sat on the bed, tapping the spot next to her for him to sit. He laid at the end of the bed after throwing the hoodie on his desk, propping himself up on one of his elbows. "What do you want to know?" He asked. She laid back on the bed with him, staring at the ceiling.

   "Demons are real?" She started
"Yes, along with other angels and such."
   "Everyone here.. are they all demons?"
"No, only everyone you met today, excluding Copia."
   "You don't do sacrifices?"

   The last question made him frown,"We're not monsters, April. We just play music and have fun." April looked over at him, nodding. "I never understood religion. I didn't see why it was so important to do this or do that so you could get to heaven." She hummed. "So why do you wear that cross?"

   April moved her hand to hold the little silver cross gently. "I wanted to make my family happy. Convince myself that God is real and he died for our sins." She sighed heavily, going back to looking at the ceiling. She could feel the bed move as he edged his way closer.

   "Is that why you've never gone on a date?" He asked, now trying to make her smile. She pushed him away and huffed,"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to assume?" Sodo laughed at her reference from the day before, going to get up off the bed.

   "Is hell bad?" She asked, sitting up to watch what he was doing. He walked in front of her, the girl moving her legs apart so he could stand closer. "I could give you a taste of it.." he purred, watching the girl lean back on her hands. Sodo leaned forward with her, placing his hands on her thighs then sliding them up to her waist.

   April didn't respond, enjoying the moment a little too much. What would it hurt? She felt him gently pull her closer, their faces mere inches apart. Her eyes traveled to look at his lips, wondering what it would feel like.

   The girl closed the gap between them, pressing her lips against his and closing her eyes as she went. His grip on her waist tightened ever so slightly. The kiss was slow and gentle, but still when she pulled away they both wanted more.

   Sodo smiled, placing a kiss on her cheek, then on her jawline. She tilted her head to the side as she felt him place more downwards. Soon giving kisses to her neck. April let out a quiet noise when he nipped at her neck gently, quickly pushing him away as she covered her mouth in surprise.

   His playful smile made her heart flutter, and he made it flutter even more after taking her hand in his so he could place a quick kiss to the back of her hand. "I can treat you better than he ever will." Sodo mumbled against her knuckles as he placed another kiss, kissing her finger tips, her palm, then her wrist.

   She was most certainly flustered, pulling her hand away and placing it on her lap. "I think its time to go to bed.." April mumbled, pulling her legs onto the bed so she could get comfortable. He let out an obnoxious but playful sigh,"Fine fine... Is your offer from last night still available?"

   April looked at him and seemingly thought about before laying back down. "Take me out to dinner first, at least." She yawned. Sodo scoffed,"Lunch is close enough, you know." The girl pulled the covers over her and yawned,"Not in my book. Goodnight, Dew." He smiled softly, watching her tired form get comfortable. "Goodnight, sweetheart."