ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

The music in the car was practically on full volume with their windows down and two sisters singing their hearts out to old country songs. April had been driving for over an hour just to get to this venue that the band 'Ghost' was playing at.
   At some point in that hour, Roxanne had asked to listen to a few of their songs. When she pulled the band up on spotify they were both left speechless.
Ghost, a Satanic band, had almost 10 million monthly listeners. It made both of them nervous to say the least. They expected it to be some underground band at a small venue but now they had much more to worry about.
Quickly Roxanne pulled up a Google search of the venue and horror washed over her when she saw that it was a whole Amphitheatre.
"April, I don't know if we can do this." Roxanne sounded nervous and unsure. "What? What do you mean? Why couldn't we?" April wanted to tear her eyes away from the road to look at her sister but she couldn't slow down and she couldn't get in a wreck.
"April, Ghost is playing at the CCNB Amphitheatre. From what I'm seeing the tickets are outrageous and the closest we could get to them is in section 8 and that is almost at the back." It was clear that Roxanne was having doubts about this trip now. Especially since their destination was all the way in South Carolina.
The older sister was silent, seemingly considering the situation. She bit the inside of her cheek gently, her worries clear on her expression. There was only about another hour in their drive and she was sure the show had already started, if not about to start.
"We'll just worry about it when we get there, I'm not turning around." She spoke with a sudden firmness. April wasn't going to return to their parents. That's the last thing she'd do. Roxanne didn't seem to like that they'd continue with this idea.
"April.. What'll you do when you get there? Go to security and tell them that you've got something going on with one of the band members? Yeah that'll work." The younger spoke the last part with sour sarcasm. April scoffed at her pessimism but stayed quiet, turning the music up and merging into the fast lane.

𖤐𖤐𖤐

After another hour of straight driving (other than stopping once for gas) they arrived at the Amphitheatre. The girls could hear cheering, screaming, and other sounds clearly from the parking lot.
April could feel herself get lighter and her heart seemed to stop. She hadn't even seen him yet but the reality of seeing him again soon made her unbelievably happy. She took deep breaths and calmed herself down.
Roxanne on the other hand looked at her sister with obvious concern. "April, Calm down. It's just a guy. Sure he's in some fancy band but how do you know he even wants to see you again?"
That question was what made her hesitate. Why would he want to see her again? April could hear the sound of guitars being played within the Amphitheater, causing her to snap out of her thoughts. Unplugging her phone from the car, she left Roxies question unanswered instead settling for getting out of the car and grabbing her purse.
"I have to try, Rox. Please... if you want to stay here then so be it but I'm not gonna leave after staying at that church for almost two weeks in his room, running away from our parents, and driving two hours to see him. Add the possibility of breaking and entering to that list."
Roxanne looked at April with a wide eyed expression. Was her sister truly this delusional? Without further protest, Roxanne got out of the car and followed her sister up to the entrance.
At the entrance is where they realized getting inside may be easier than they thought. The only source of security is obviously the guards but the fences were climbable. Not even barbed wire lined the tops of the fencing that surrounded the lawn. It was getting later in the day, there may have been another hour of daylight but not much more past that.
"We should try to go to the back. A more direct way behind the stage." April suggested. Roxanne shook her head,"No we should go in where the crowd is so if they see us hop the fence we can blend into the crowd and at least one of us can get to the band."
April didn't want to admit that her sister had the better idea but still she nodded reluctantly,"Fine... Let's go." Roxanne could tell her sister was just a little stressed. This could go two ways and both of them do not plan to go to jail by the end of their mission.
The girls could hear that the music had stopped playing in the background. The band was in intermission until the next song in the setlist and April could only hope that the band had plenty more on the list.
With this time of quiet (aside from the rowdy fans) the two of them traveled along the fence until they could find a place in the fence that seemed unguarded and easy to drop into the crowd. A few fans had noticed them and seemed to almost immediately know what was about to happen.
Wasting no time, the girls began to climb the fence as fast as they could. There was still light in the day so if any of the guards were to pay close enough attention, they'd be done for and everything would be pointless.
Towards the top of the fence was when they noticed that there were now many fans at the bottom of the fence with their hands outstretched to catch them. "Hell yeah! We got you!" A girl wearing a Nun costume called out. April was surprised at how suddenly these people were open to helping them.
Roxanne looked towards her sister who only shrugged before lifting all her weight with her arms and swinging her legs over the fence, falling with her back to the fans below her. She could see her sister fall soon after but then all her focus was on the hands that caught her and held her in the air.
The crowd got louder and louder as the band started back up again. The girls could hear the guitarists starting to play a soft tune along with the drummer backing them up. It was soothing to say the least.
It was the intro into the concert and it helped April realize that the previous song was from a different band, a starting band. Ghost was only just starting their list. The curtain fell and the band was revealed, Sodo on the right side of the stage, Rain in the middle, and Phantom on the left. The girls hadn't paid any attention to who was where though.
She only paid attention to the way they played the guitar in such a serious way. They stood in one spot in a stiff position. It was like they were guarding the ghouls behind them. Then rain stepped forward first, the other two walking forward with him, no, strutted forward as they got further in the intro to the song. Then Papa walked forward and the Ghouls dispersed back to their designated parts of the stage.