ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

April looked down at the ghoul, cracking a small smile at his horrible pick up line. She stepped over him, accidentally stepping on his stomach as she went,"Get up, you ass."

Sodo yelped and sat up quickly, holding his stomach after she stepped on him,"Okay okay, you didn't have to put me in pain." Standing to his feet, he watched April go to sit down on the middle of the couch.

He followed behind, sitting beside her and leaning forward in his spot on the couch. "Do you want something to eat?" The ghoul asked softly, fiddling with his hands. He wasn't very sure about how to make her feel comfortable. Even sitting next to him, she had tried to keep her distance.

The girl sitting next to him tried to keep her head straight, barely listening. Though she was able to process what he asked and she nodded, "Yes please" her voice was quiet. April twisted the ring on her finger, waiting for any indication on what they would eat.

Sodo very quickly realized that it would take a lot for April to come back down to earth. So, he gently took her hand in his and stood up, pulling her with. "We'll go out to eat, the food here isn't the best." He tried to stay soft for her. He had to make sure she wouldn't run off. That was the only reason. Totally.

The ghoul grabbed her keys, then started to pull her out of the room but she resisted. "I don't feel safe here" April pulled herh hand away from him, once again fidgeting. Sodo took a deep breath and held his hand out,"Listen to me, princess. I won't let anything happen to you in this church. I'll be right beside you." He reassured.

April watched him hold his hand out to her, pulling her back to when he offered his hand before she trapped herself in the bathroom. She nodded and took his hand, allowing him to lead her.

The walk was quick and without problem, except for the excruciating pain Sodo was in from Aprils nails digging into his hand, but he toughed it out for her until they got to the car.

Watching April start to walk around the car to the drivers side, Sodo pulled her back and shook his head,"Absolutely not. I want you to be able to calm down and I also want to avoid a car wreck." The girl nodded and went to the passenger side after passing him the keys. He's not one of them. He's too... sweet?

"Why are you doing this?" April asked quietly, staring out at the cars in front of them. She hadn't realized that they were already driving. Sodo thought about how to respond, resting his free hand on top of hers, rubbing her knuckles lightly. "I'm not sure." He hummed.

She hadn't asked anything else after that, instead settling for counting how many red cars she could find. Sodo pulled into a restaurant just down the way, pulling into a parking spot near the front doors. "I guess I could say I'm doing this because I'm such a 'gentleman'" He looked over at her, catching her attention. A red tint formed on her face as she processed what he said.

Before she got out, she smiled,"I love when you're a gentleman for me." He watched her get out, chuckling at her response, following her out of the car and towards the restaurant,"Who said I'm doing it for you of all people?" April shrugged, looking back at him,"Well, I thought it was safe to assume that you don't get any girls." Sodo gave her a stern look,"Didn't your mom ever tell you not to assume things?" To that the girl shrugged, sticking her tongue out at him.

Inside the restaurant Sodo asked for a table for two, being seated not long after. After sitting down, the girl had started to look around at the decor on the walls, looking at picture frames that were hung around. A hint of a smile could be seen as her eyes locked onto one particular photo. Sodo watched her with interest, glancing back to see if he could find what she was staring at.

"What? What do you see?" He asked, putting his hair back into a bun to keep it out of any food brought to the table. April shook her head and shrugged,"Just thought I recognized someone." He nodded and started to look at the drinks on the menu just as a waiter came by.