8

Matpat pov

Today was the day to strike. The prisoners started their song of freedom, they wished they had. Jazza came in cocking in his rifle. His brother was putting a fake arrow in the crossbow. Jason was sharpening his claws with a file. I smiled manically, everything was working like I imangined. I turn to Stephine and whispered in her ear.

"I'll be back, with friends of ours" I gave a quick kiss on her cheek.

I looked over at Jason, his ears were drooping. My smile dropped as if something was holding my plan back. I storm over to him, grabbing his hand, and turning him towards my face.

"What's your deal" I growled

I started to squeeze. His eyes watered with mercy.

"I don't feel comfortable doing it, he's my brother."

I yanked him out of the chair. He was on the floor, now really begging to be let loose.

"You said that you hated him for dating her,-"

"Ya but "

YOU PLEDGE YOURSELF TO ME" I yelled

Everybody stop. Jason's tail was stiff and fluffed up. He slowly got up as if I hurt him. I turned on my heels and walked away until a thought came to my brilliant mind.

"Plus I didn't say kill him," I said

Mark's pov

I woke up next to the ashes. Nathan was still asleep and I sat up. My belly roared with hunger like I hadn't eaten for days. The fact is I also didn't feel hungry either. I brought my knees to my chest and squeezed them tightly. So many disasters have happened lately. I lost my pack, my friends, my brother, and my girlfriend. She is probably lying dead in the Grove of Trees. The thought of that almost made me cry. She is important to me as a friend and as my family.

The bird said good morning as the sun rose. Nathan woke up. He looked as if he saw something in his dreams. He cringed at his guitar and tuned it. I had to smile to my lips, he was taking her running away pretty well.

Time passed and Nathan moved to a log. Soon a large timber wolf came towards me, tackling me to the ground. Medium-sized paws were holding me down by the chest. The eyes of this beast seem to be scared like it was warning me. I looked over and Nathan stood up. All I heard was gun cocking.

Everything was hazy after that. I even think I heard a sharp scream further in there

I woke up with my hands cuffed together. My ears and nose still felt the aftermath of what I was shot with. My head felt like it was underwater, and I was drowning. As my head went back to normal, I realized The truck was rumbling on a smooth road. We were back in the city. Where would they be taking Nathan and me?

After what feels like hours, I hear the pop of the hatch at the bed of the truck. I could feel them reaching for my legs. My legs won't move. They felt heavy as if they put a ball and chain around my ankle. The strong sweaty hands pulled me to the end. As I was dragged, I could hear Nathan huffing, muffled by what seemed to be a mask. At least that's what my ears tell me.

"Carry him to cell number 2702" I heard a sharp intelligent voice say. 

I screamed in fear, at what they were going to do to me. I got pulled away and slumped over a shoulder.

Nate's pov

Back in the forest.

Once the large timber wolf pinned Mark down, I stood up, scared out of my mind. Could it be Starflower? I looked over at Mark who was desperately trying to get up. I rushed over to Mark pulling on the wolf. The wolf stood its ground, it was trying to tell Mark something. I soon feel something sharp hit my back.