NOT DEAD YET!

"What a beautiful luck!"

Chapter two■
*Hazel*

"Do you think she is the fated girl?"

"Yes, I am pretty sure she is. I remember her very well."

"Do you think she is alive?"

"Shut up, all of you," A pause. "Do you know that my father will get mad at all of you because of this girl? How dare you transfer this magical power to a normal human, Hel?"

"But she is not a normal human. My loyalty, I swear I wouldn't transfer if she was. This girl is different than anyone. I swear she is the fated one."

"I will try to believe you and until that moment, tell no one about this. Even my father, do you hear me?"

"Of course, My majesty."

I find myself immersed in a peculiar conversation that is making its way into my ears. The strangeness of it all leads me to believe that I must be in the midst of a dream, for my eyelids feel incredibly heavy. The words I am currently hearing can only exist within the realm of dreams.
As I try to make sense of my surroundings, I am filled with a sense of disorientation. I have no recollection of where I am or where my family might be. The last memory I can recall is that of the Christmas festival, and then... darkness.

Slowly, I open my eyes, allowing a sliver of light to penetrate my consciousness. It is in this moment that the realization hits me like a bolt of lightning. My vision is blurred, but I can discern the presence of a tall, ominous shadow looming before me. The identity of this figure remains shrouded in uncertainty, as my eyes struggle to focus. My tongue feels heavy, preventing me from screaming or even inquiring about the stranger's identity. However, just as suddenly as it began, everything comes to a halt when I hear my father's voice resonating through the room.

"Zee, are you awake, my dear?" he asks, his voice filled with concern as he enters through the door.

"How do you feel? Are you alright?" he inquires, drawing closer to me and gently grasping my hand.

I blink, attempting to clear my vision. Gradually, the world around me becomes clearer, and I manage to offer my father a reassuring smile. "I am fine," I assure him.

"Thank goodness you are alright," he breathes a sigh of relief. As I glance back towards the spot where the enigmatic shadow once stood, I find nothing but emptiness. It is at this precise moment that my mother enters the room, adding another layer of warmth and familiarity to the scene.
I could see the tears welling up in her eyes, glistening like tiny diamonds, as she caught sight of me awakening. With a sense of urgency, she rushed towards me, her voice trembling with emotion, "Oh, my dear Zee," she exclaimed, enveloping me in a warm, tight embrace. Slowly, I raised my hands and reciprocated the hug, holding her gently, feeling the weight of her fear and concern. Her voice quivered as she uttered, "You have no idea how terrified I was at the thought of losing you." A soft smile formed on my lips, attempting to reassure her, "Mom, I'm fine, please don't worry." Her arms tightened around me once more, as if she couldn't fathom the possibility of ever seeing me again.