Chapter 2: Apocalypse

When the elevator doors opened, a dried up greenish blue claw suddenly reached in. Long, long fingernails tainted with bloody flesh, holding what seemed to be incomplete remains of brains. For what reason was it incomplete? Well that’s because that thing’s head had a piece of it chopped off. You could even see from the opening, brains coloured black squirming within.

Shao Qing was startled, subconsciously with her fist, she pushed the head away. Unexpectedly, the damaged head was exactly like a ripe apple, it fell to the ground with a splat.

Her strength… was really great…

Unable to manage her own amazement, Shao Qing continued walking down the hallway. A floor covered with filth, minced meat, destroyed limbs, and badly damaged carcasses that looked like it was torn apart by a beast could be seen.

If speaking of these things could make Shao Qing amazed, then the other things would make her terrified. Besides the place full of corpses’, there were still animated things. Each and every one of them, across their face and body,  were rotten flesh. With rigid limbs, these things wandered in the hallway. Some of them wore patient garments while some wore nurse outfits, it clearly hinted that previously when they were alive they must have been the hospital’s patients and staff.

Could this be… the apocalypse?

Shao Qing immediately recalled the blood rain she saw prior to her death. That idea of the heavens crying for her was not the case, rather it was the heaven’s punishment to this world.

Shao Qing tightly carried the child in her bosom, singlehandedly smashed the glass, then from within she grabbed the fire extinguisher. Holding it as if it were a hammer, she was constantly on guard against the group of monsters.

“Darling, don’t be afraid.” Quietly comforting Xiao Baozi, Shao Qing discovered, those zombies didn’t resemble the ones similar to a biochemistry crisis. Seeing a living person, they wouldn’t approach them to tear them apart, rather it was like they were figuring out why they were wandering around. It was as if she did not exist, or perhaps it was as if she was one of their own.

Shao Qing felt her chest, not sensing any throbbing or pulsing from her heart, she bitterly laughed. She is definitely not a living person, perhaps she might even be the exact same freaks as those things.

No longer caring what had happened, Shao Qing carrying Xiao Baozi, headed outside. She wanted to see whether if it was only the hospital that was like this or if the entire world had changed as well.

Lying on Shao Qing’s shoulders, Xiao Baozi’s eyes were spinning around and around in all different directions, yet he was not the least bit scared. The mother and child soon arrived at the hospital’s entrance.

Just as Shao Qing forecasted, the outside world has already been occupied by zombies. It seems like it really is the apocalypse.

“Darling, are you scared?” Shao Qing lightly petted Xiao Baozi’s back, then immediately found that her son had been bare naked the entire time. Obedient Xiao Baozi gave Shao Qing a kiss and childishly said. “If Mama’s here then there’s nothing to be scared of!”

Shao Qing’s heart fluttered. Carrying Xiao Baozi, she then went and sought out a family owned clothing store. Choosing a lot of toddler clothes, she gave it to Xiao Baozi to wear. However, there were too many things. Shao Qing could not possibly be able to bring all this stuff. If only she had a bag then that would have been perfect. Wishing that, suddenly the clothes in her hand vanished into thin air. Unexpected, she was alarmed and pleased. Could it be that it was just like a novel, that she has a space dimension?