Chapter 6: Encounter

After digging out the crystals, Shao Qing let out a relaxed breath. Er Dai and her were very compatible. Er Dai brought her to the city and had wiped out an entire regiment together. Now within a corner of Shao Qing’s space dimension, there was already a huge pile of crystals.

That was their two days of hard work. These crystals, excluding the portion saved for Er Dai, was enough for Xiao Baozi to eat for an entire two months.

Shao Qing then began preparing to depart. Before departing, she brought Er Dai to the city’s largest shopping mall. She was preparing to clear that place up to give Er Dai a place to live in afterwards.

After all, it was impossible for Shao Qing to bring along a zombie, no matter how much smarter Er Dai was compared to the average zombie.

Within the shopping mall, there was a large traffic of people. Entering the first floor, she was able to see that the zombies wandering all around was several times more than the streets.

Once entering the shopping mall, one human and one zombie began taking action. Although, they had only been in contact for only a brief amount of time, Shao Qing and Er Dai had already cultivated a tacit understanding of each other.

Just seeing Er Dai’s attempt to seduce a more agile group of zombies to move towards the door, Shao Qing would stealthily prepare to mount a sneak attack, to coordinate with Er Dai to kill this group of zombies.

Every time a few zombies are killed, Er Dai would enthusiastically fish out the crystals within the zombies head and present it to Shao Qing like a treasure. Shao Qing would then take the crystals and Er Dai’s brain covered hands to wash and only then would she put the crystals in her space dimension.

Worrying that Xiao Baozi staying in the car would be inconvenient, Shao Qing had made a back sling to carry Xiao Baozi. Occasionally, putting a crystal into Xiao Baozi’s opened mouth.

When they were cleaning up the first floor, unexpectedly outside the shopping mall,  a large car sound could be heard rumbling. Shao Qing and Er Dai, mutually understanding each other, both immediately went into hiding.

Soon they saw three men and one women enter from outside. The women was constantly firing one fireball after another, causing all the nearby zombies to be burnt to death.

“Ah…. why are there so few zombies? I totally thought that there would be more zombies in the shopping mall too.” The women sighed. The tall man behind her then pointed out: “You guys look at the ground, there are zombie corpses everywhere. I’m afraid that before we arrived, there were already other people who have entered.”   

“Then would there still be supplies inside?” Among them the fat person impatiently called out. “If there isn’t, then wouldn’t we have made this trip all for nothing?”

“Let’s go up and take a look first. Don’t be careless, we have to take extra care.” stated the final member of the group, the taciturn man.

The four member group then took precautions and slowly advanced. The fat man on the side casually talked and walked at the same time. “Ideally they will have supplies. The provisions we currently own are almost completely depleted. If we don’t find any supplies here, then we’ll have to fall to robbing. *Click Click* [with the tongue]. If we were able to steal from another easy loaded victim, then that would be the best. We would be able to be fed for an entire week at least.”